Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Respecs should be credits, not Cryptic points (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=155883)

Archived Post 05-07-2010 06:50 AM

Respecs should be credits, not Cryptic points

Let's face it, respecs in this game are a pure money-grab from Cryptic. For a game that's not even 6 months old, Cryptic is already pulling out all the money-grabs it can from respecs to friend rewards and we as the dumb fans will buy it. But there has to be a line, a give and take as it were. For a game where builds are nowhere near static, respecs should cost creds and not the money-grubbing Cryptic points. As a player, I find it offensive and insulting for a company to willfully do this. As a Star Trek fan and lover of this game. I've got no problem dishing out my 15 a month plus the odd few for special items, but to fleece your fans for what should be in-game is disgracefull and a put-off. How am I going to recommend this game when any move I make is going to cost X amount of dollars? Get the money you can, but be reasonable and give back to your fans in fair return. The SWG version of respecs would be well served here, and not this all out thievery done to us by Cryptic.

Archived Post 05-07-2010 06:51 AM

they are credits, you can get them in game. When you get promoted, you get a free respec. You can also get it in the c-store

Archived Post 05-07-2010 06:55 AM

The game gives you 5 Respecs as you level - at each Rank increase you can go back and change the lower Rank's skills. The game also gives some free Respecs. You can also use accumulated Merits for free Respecs. After all that, if you still need another Respec, well yes, you need to pay for it. :)

Archived Post 05-07-2010 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic_One (Post 2643208)
The game gives you 5 Respecs as you level - at each Rank increase you can go back and change the lower Rank's skills. The game also gives some free Respecs. You can also use accumulated Merits for free Respecs. After all that, if you still need another Respec, well yes, you need to pay for it. :)

right merits not credits =P. I just woke up, don't blame me XD

Archived Post 05-07-2010 06:58 AM

Wait, we've had respecs for some time now, and there are people who STILL don't know you don't have to pay money to get them?

Archived Post 05-07-2010 07:00 AM

/facepalm

Well, someone hasn't read anything at all about this topic.

I think the merit cost is tuned a bit high and I'd prefer a reduced merit cost for lesser changes but those opinions both relate to the fact that you actually can buy respecs with in-game resources.

Archived Post 05-07-2010 07:10 AM

20k merits for a respec = blatant attempt to get people to just shell out for the C-store respec.

respecs should be 5k merits MAX.

godamn craptyk.

Archived Post 05-07-2010 07:11 AM

Wow, I'm kinda amazed at the responses here, makes me think Cryptic employees are posting. If you think it's kewl to spend an extra 15-30 a month on points then you go right ahead. Personally speaking, I've found that I want to change my build weekly to accomadate new weapons or new abilities, not to even mention if I want to change ships and BO's which could change whenever. Charging me as much as you can get out of me for what should be in-game is an insult. So if you're in favor of being charged for what should be a service, that makes you either a liar or stupid, and I'm beginning to think this game has a lot of each.

Archived Post 05-07-2010 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boyam
Wow, I'm kinda amazed at the responses here, makes me think Cryptic employees are posting. If you think it's kewl to spend an extra 15-30 a month on points then you go right ahead. Personally speaking, I've found that I want to change my build weekly to accomadate new weapons or new abilities, not to even mention if I want to change ships and BO's which could change whenever. Charging me as much as you can get out of me for what should be in-game is an insult. So if you're in favor of being charged for what should be a service, that makes you either a liar or stupid, and I'm beginning to think this game has a lot of each.

You didn't actually read any of those responses, did you.

Archived Post 05-07-2010 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boyam

As people have already stated you can already get respecs in game through a variety of methods. The main one being 20k in merit. So you can argue that 20k is too expensive in merit but you cant argue that you have to pay real life money to respec.