Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   C-Store needs KLINGON races!!! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=155910)

Archived Post 05-07-2010 09:52 AM

C-Store needs KLINGON races!!!

Lets see some Klingon love on C-Store.

I'm sure ship variations are being held up by the lack of source material in the canon and complicated by any and all Cryptic designs needing blessings over at CBS/Paramount, but for now, can we at least see some expanded Klingon race options?

Some quick-and-easy additions below:
Terran Empire: A small but significant number of mirror-universe Terrans have begun to make footholds and alliances here in the prime-universe. Allying with and aiding the Klingon Empire is but one of many tactics employed by Terran command to divide the Federations attention and thin their defenses. Much like the Germans trying to back Japanese and Mexican forces in an effort to keep the United States busy at home in WWII, the Terrans are seeking, for now, to aid the Klingon Empire of THIS universe in keeping the Federation on its toes, and offering better chances at gaining a strong foothold in this universe.

Cardassian True Way: Not satisfied with the direction of their own government, no small number of Cardassian True Way fanatics have turned to outside aid in their ongoing campaign against the threat of non-cardassian influence on Cardassia. Continuing to see the Federation as the great threat to Cardassia, and much like the Terran Empire, True Way fanatics have offered their aid to the Kliongon Empire in exchange for concessions ensuring the solidarity and purity of Cardassia after the Federaton have been pushed out of the sector.

Human Augments: It has been clearly established that Human Augments are working with the Klingons in existing Federation PvE storyline quests.

Jem'Hadar remnant: a rare but growing number of Jem'Hadar have begun to trickle into Klingon space, seeking asylum from the Federation and offering their not-insignificant skills and talents to the Empire's cause.

Archived Post 05-07-2010 10:02 AM

Terran Empire allyed with the klingon empire? :O only if they get to backstab the klingons :O mu unis for the klingons then :P

Archived Post 05-07-2010 11:08 AM

Well Terran Empire isn't really a 'race.' People would want them for ships/uniforms/etc. No race sold on the C-store comes with those things.

But human augment is a fun idea. C-Store Humans of any stripe on the Klingon side would be fair.

Archived Post 05-07-2010 11:19 AM

And Cardassian and Jem'hadar are most likely to become their own faction sometime in the future.
That aside no cardassian or jem'hadar would ever side with the klingons. :p

Archived Post 05-07-2010 11:40 AM

The races need to be added to the game not the C-Store.

Archived Post 05-07-2010 11:43 AM

The Klingon Empire isn't really supposed to have a wide variety of races.

The Federation of Planets, on the other hand ... is sort of founded on the idea.

Archived Post 05-07-2010 11:51 AM

To quote General Martok: "We are Klingons, we don't embrace other cultures we conquer them!"

I don't see any of those being remotely compatible with the Empire and I hope they are never included as part of the Klingon Faction.

EDIT: If we want C-Store love for the Klingons then give us additional costumes, ships. We don't need more races in the KDF (already got like 7 plus Alien).

Archived Post 05-07-2010 12:19 PM

I think the Chalnoth would make nice candidates for a new Klingon species. They're not part of a huge faction like the other races and they're very warlike. They're tough but disorganised, it'd be a glorious conquest and good addition to the empire.

Archived Post 05-07-2010 01:29 PM

Regardless of the validity of my particular choices (they were, after all, off the cuff), I'm merely suggesting that focusing on Klingon in the C-Store and the game for a bit (not missions, but all the other stuff that has come to Feds - uniform options, fixing mission issues (old blueside errors persist on redside PvE), letting us take off the collar, etc).

One of the quick-and-easy ways is to expand the Klingon side variety a little.

Ok, how about this then.

For 80 points, and identical to the existing Klingon Race, a TOS-era Klingon race. No head ridges or lobe, the mustache, all that.

Just... something.

I'm losing friends in game.

Archived Post 05-07-2010 03:23 PM

Augment idea is epic! I would love that!