Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Mirror Universe Uniforms in C-Store (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=156158)

Archived Post 05-08-2010 02:15 AM

Mirror Universe Uniforms in C-Store
 
I didn't see a thread about this yet in this sub forum, so here goes.

I really want to see the Mirror Universe Uniforms in the c-store! I think they're awesome and they're way too restricted for everybody in the way they are right now. With the TOS uniforms you always had the option to buy the DDE version, but the MUUs are completely unobtainable now, not to mention kinda overpriced for 200 dollars. I'm not much of a superhero, so I would have bought the CO lifetime only for this exclusive, if it was still up that is/ Then again I'm not that rich either to spend 200 dollars just on an extra uniform option in STO. :(

Since the TOS Uniforms are no longer DDE exclusive I feel it's only fair we can get the MUU as well now for everybody. ;)

Pwetty please? :o

Archived Post 05-08-2010 03:27 AM

Seconded, it's rather stupid to expect people to buy a lifetime sub to an entirely different game many sto fans have zero interest in playing.

Put in the c-store and chances are many people will buy it and you'll make soem easy cash to help off set the sub bleeding.

Archived Post 05-08-2010 03:30 AM

The Dalek Supreme Agrees :D

Archived Post 05-08-2010 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silveressa (Post 2646739)
Seconded, it's rather stupid to expect people to buy a lifetime sub to an entirely different game many sto fans have zero interest in playing.

Put in the c-store and chances are many people will buy it and you'll make soem easy cash to help off set the sub bleeding.

/Agreed , Signed and I have been saying this for a while!!!

Archived Post 05-08-2010 07:30 AM

Completely agreed.
And if the whiners show up here they should remember they actually paid for the CO lifetime sub, not the uniforms, they were just a "free" extra. :p

Archived Post 05-08-2010 07:32 AM

Didn't we have this conversation yesterday?

Anyway back when the CO lifetime was offered they specifically said it wouldn't be available as a C-Store item. So more than a few people were forced to plunk down a few hundred bucks on a buggy incomplete unrelated game to get them.

So it would be pretty unfair if after making people spend that much and waiting months to finally get them to have them available after a week or so for a few dollars on the C-Store. It would be a very shabby way to treat those who took an incredible leap of faith with Cryptic. (Given Champions' state at the time and that no one even saw STO yet)

I agree, Silveressa, it was a pretty stupid way to sell them. But it was the route they chose and they should honor the spirit of what they said at the time.

But as a vet reward is a little more fair. That would mean that either route someone went to get it, they had to make a bit of an investment into the longevity of the game. So I'd support that.

Archived Post 05-08-2010 08:13 AM

Quote:

. It would be a very shabby way to treat those who took an incredible leap of faith with Cryptic.
I've spent over 400 dollars on the game so far, but I didn't get a lifetime CO sub. How much farther do you want me to leap? :p

It's not just CO people that paid a lot of money and for them it was a bonus for a different game. I really do think that the majority of the people who bought a CO lifetime membership did it because they wanted to play CO. :)

Quote:

So it would be pretty unfair if after making people spend that much and waiting months to finally get them to have them available after a week or so for a few dollars on the C-Store.
Wouldn't be the first time it happened, but this time it'd actually make me happy if that happened. ;)

I know where you're coming from though and I don't suggest it needs to be up in the c-store like tomorrow (although I would prefer that) but if they'd give it like 1,5 month extra or so then I think they made us wait long enough...
I mean, I've been wanting these mirror universe uniforms ever since I found out about them, which was in the last week of closed beta and I had to find out that it was completely impossible for me to get them. I don't see any fairness in that either, hence the request here.

People that already have those uniforms just save out on the money this way and people that don't have them have to cash out some extra money. For all I care the ask 1000 Cryptic Points for them, so it's not *that* cheap either.

For that matter, I'm also for putting the playable Borg race up in the store. I know it's supposed to be a lifetime membership goodie for us guys, but seriously, I don't really care about them so much that I want other people to miss out of the fun of playing a Borg. I think they deserve to play Borg just as much as I do. I mostly got my lifetime membership because I hope to save out money in the end with the subscription fees.

Archived Post 05-08-2010 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nishka
It's not just CO people that paid a lot of money and for them it was a bonus for a different game. I really do think that the majority of the people who bought a CO lifetime membership did it because they wanted to play CO. :)

I'm gonna guess you didn't actually play CO pre-launch when the LT offer was made. ;)

Quote:

I know where you're coming from though and I don't suggest it needs to be up in the c-store like tomorrow (although I would prefer that) but if they'd give it like 1,5 month extra or so then I think they made us wait long enough...
I mean, I've been wanting these mirror universe uniforms ever since I found out about them, which was in the last week of closed beta and I had to find out that it was completely impossible for me to get them. I don't see any fairness in that either, hence the request here.
I paid out that money like last August or so and only finally got the uniforms a week ago. Just to put the waiting part in perspective a little. Money spent last year, and not at a convenient 'tax return' time. Waiting after the money was spent.

They were a little less specific about the Borg offer, so I wouldn't be terribly upset if it went on the C-store. I at least got 4-5 months on that. I've been actually in favor of them giving it out to all Lifetimers, not just the pre-order ones.

Don't get me wrong, I think I have a better understanding than anyone how badly people want them. Which is why I went out of my way to get additional clarification back when the offer was made.

Archived Post 05-08-2010 09:36 AM

They are coming, be patient friends. ^.^


Hi to you as well Personae! We keep bumping into each other.

Archived Post 05-08-2010 09:57 AM

I think I'm confused. I know you can still buy an LTS for Star Trek. But I thought Champions' LTS was limited time only.

And I do think the STO Mirror Universe bonus was definitely a limited time only reward for the LTS.

But I could be wrong on all counts or only part of that stuff.

So ...

Can you still buy an LTS to Champions?

If so, does it come with the Mirror Universe uniform special?

I was not aware you could or it would.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:19 AM.