Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Are 3-D films out of control? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=156853)

Archived Post 05-11-2010 05:10 AM

Are 3-D films out of control?

Ok I love a good 3-D movie from time to time, but it looks like Hollywood has found a new toy to over use again. 1st it was stuck in remake mode, now it looks like it's stuck in 3-D mode. Why oh Why can't they just do random things, and stop over doing things that do work for a short while?

Thanks Avatar, it was a good movie, but look at the mess hollywood is in now. :o(

Archived Post 05-11-2010 05:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir_Cedric (Post 2656226)
Ok I love a good 3-D movie from time to time, but it looks like Hollywood has found a new toy to over use again. 1st it was stuck in remake mode, now it looks like it's stuck in 3-D mode. Why oh Why can't they just do random things, and stop over doing things that do work for a short while?

Thanks Avatar, it was a good movie, but look at the mess hollywood is in now. :o(

Wait till they get stuck on 3-D Remakes...

Archived Post 05-11-2010 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vrano
Wait till they get stuck on 3-D Remakes...

In 2D... >_>

The benefit of 3D, to the cinemas and film makers, is that for the best experience you really need to be at the cinema. More bums on seats watching their films is exactly what they want and it also makes recording films while in the cinema more difficult due to the special glasses needed.

Archived Post 05-11-2010 05:29 AM

Well wait until you see Star wars, all 6 films, in 3-D mode. Talk about beating a dead horse. LUCAS WHY CAN'T YOU MAKE THE LAST 3 FILMS LIKE YOU SAID BACK IN THE 70s! Man o man he is milking this cow bone dry. lol

Archived Post 05-11-2010 05:29 AM

I never liked 3-D movies, they hurt my eyes. Also I could not see the so-called 3-D effects that is supposed occur when wearing the 3-D glasses. But somehow people think they are great, why else would Hollywood keep doing it? Personally I think it is still a fad, as it was a fad in the early 20th century.

Archived Post 05-11-2010 05:40 AM

3D TV and 3D Movies are going to go bust when people won't spend the thousands of dollars to upgrade their home theater and more and more people realize that watching it for any extended amount of time HURTS.

It's a stupid idea IMHO.

Most people are sheep. Make a flashy commercial, get a friend at the LA Times or NY Times to write a piece saying how great it is. Get a male and female celebrity to endorse it. Voila!

Archived Post 05-11-2010 05:41 AM

And were going to get 3D televisions to :eek:

Great that means everytime i watch Bruce Forsyth im gonna get poked in the face by his chin !

Archived Post 05-11-2010 05:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by livingdeadjedi (Post 2656339)
And were going to get 3D televisions to :eek:

Great that means everytime i watch Bruce Forsyth im gonna get poked in the face by his chin !

Jeebuz, imagine having to watch Jay Leno...

Archived Post 05-11-2010 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mavrocket
3D TV and 3D Movies are going to go bust when people won't spend the thousands of dollars to upgrade their home theater

People said the same thing about HDTV around a decade ago too...

Archived Post 05-11-2010 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilravegirl (Post 2656357)
People said the same thing about HDTV around a decade ago too...

things will happen the way it always happens...product comes out costing an arm, leg, first born, and your soul. In a few years, you can afford it with a tax return. A few years later, you can get one off your bi-weekly check.