Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   my situation sucks (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=157118)

Archived Post 05-12-2010 10:02 AM

my situation sucks
 
ok.not gonna bad mouth this game.i love it.but ive encountered one small problem.

i don't know if any other admirals have had this.i'll explain.
i've just completed the cardassian story line,and hit rear admiral (yay me).now,like so many before me,i went and chose my new ship(recon sci ship is bloody ugly,btw),decked myself out in polaron weapons,and got down to do admiral missions.UNFORTUNATELY,the only mission ive got left(apart from the pvp contacts,i don't pvp)(and the big dig/crystal entity ones),is
'explore the zenas expanse'.this is a lvl 9 capt mission.i was told that i can't enter the last warpgate,until ra3.
so,it seems,ive got to repeat the explore mission,until i hit ra3?is that right?am i supposed to spam this mission to death,or am i missing something?
it seems a big letdown,to do nice missions till ra,then have to spam stuff,just to advance.anyone else find this?
:(:mad::confused::eek:

Archived Post 05-12-2010 11:05 AM

Unfortunately if you have no other story missions available, then grinding Deep Space Encounters, Exploration missions, and Fleet Actions are your only PvE options to reach RA3 and access Gamma Orionis.

Archived Post 05-12-2010 11:21 AM

PvP gives nice points, and cash :)

Archived Post 05-12-2010 11:33 AM

Just hit RA last night, and have a lot of DS9 missions left. I did spend quite a bit of time in all the previous levels doing the DSEs, PVP, and exploration missions, so that may have something to do with in.

And in case you want to compare, the /played was at 7d 20h.

Archived Post 05-12-2010 12:45 PM

Here's your list, it you haven't done it there you go.
http://stowiki.org/wiki/List_of_missions

Archived Post 05-12-2010 01:17 PM

when you hit admiral grind in the zenas expanse for marks of exploration (v5) to get consoles/weapons/shields for your ship. when you hit RA3 you can then enter gamma orinus (spelling; borg space).

your going to want to grind in the Zenas expanse for a while until you can get mk X weapons/consoles at the very least.

Archived Post 05-12-2010 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrochlus
Here's your list, it you haven't done it there you go.
http://stowiki.org/wiki/List_of_missions

Hmm... I've got a total of 11 main story line missions left, and four sets of patrols missions, so only 23 missions to run before I've "finished".

Honestly, I was a little disappointed with that until I ran the percentages. I'm finished with 80% (43/54) of the story lines, and 86% (24/28) of the patrol missions. I figure I've got about another month of playing my main character before I hit the RA5 wall. That's really not sounding that bad to me.

Gonna roll a science next, and run through the whole thing on Advanced. So there's another four months of play. And I've still got a lowly Orion on the Klingon side to grind through as well. Might do that after the reroll to get as much time for content to be added.

Archived Post 05-12-2010 03:18 PM

I have nothing constructive to say specifically about this post but I did want to say...

BRAVO!! Good to see some some players are really taking their time, tweaking their toons, trying different things, etc. You can do 1 - 45 in 80ish hours if you haul through the game but one poster listed 188 hours (7 day 20 hours) of gametime and still hasn't hit RA5. Just good to see this stuff with so many complaints about "nothing to do at endgame" in threads!

Take your time and enjoy the game!

Archived Post 05-14-2010 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phoenixace (Post 2662270)
I have nothing constructive to say specifically about this post but I did want to say...

BRAVO!! Good to see some some players are really taking their time, tweaking their toons, trying different things, etc. You can do 1 - 45 in 80ish hours if you haul through the game but one poster listed 188 hours (7 day 20 hours) of gametime and still hasn't hit RA5. Just good to see this stuff with so many complaints about "nothing to do at endgame" in threads!

Take your time and enjoy the game!

i totally agree with you.there's a lot to miss,if you rush things.a wise man once said,
"it is not the destination that makes a trip worthwhile,but the journey there"

guess i'm off to spam the same mission for 2 lvls.:(

Archived Post 05-14-2010 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by static-force
ok.not gonna bad mouth this game.i love it.but ive encountered one small problem.

i don't know if any other admirals have had this.i'll explain.
i've just completed the cardassian story line,and hit rear admiral (yay me).now,like so many before me,i went and chose my new ship(recon sci ship is bloody ugly,btw),decked myself out in polaron weapons,and got down to do admiral missions.UNFORTUNATELY,the only mission ive got left(apart from the pvp contacts,i don't pvp)(and the big dig/crystal entity ones),is
'explore the zenas expanse'.this is a lvl 9 capt mission.i was told that i can't enter the last warpgate,until ra3.
so,it seems,ive got to repeat the explore mission,until i hit ra3?is that right?am i supposed to spam this mission to death,or am i missing something?
it seems a big letdown,to do nice missions till ra,then have to spam stuff,just to advance.anyone else find this?
:(:mad::confused::eek:

I don't know about you but I had a couple of these "nothing-todo-moments" before. The reason for this was, and maybe still is, the fact that at some point in my career I got missions that were +3 level and more. So impossible to do alone, only a couple. I happen to team up with +3 players and got those done. But this added the problem that when I reached the +3 level I had nothing to do cuz I had done some of my +3 level missions already. This happend to me 3 times.
"Tears of the profets" was such a mission I had in my list of missions and did with +3 level players not being that level myself.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:55 AM.