Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   My issue with the STF missions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=157659)

Archived Post 05-14-2010 05:01 PM

My issue with the STF missions

I'm not sure if this has been covered elsewhere, feel free to direct me to the correct thread if it has.

This is a MAJOR source of annoyance with the Special Task Force missions.

I get a team, they're full of quitters or people who don't know how to play.

And inevitably, I get left in a partially completed instance alone.

Then, because no-one ever wants to do a partial completion, I have to wait 20 hours to take the mission again after dropping it.

If you want me to truly enjoy these missions, kill the timer on them!

Archived Post 05-14-2010 05:33 PM

Ok my dear op. The problem you have with getting rid of the timer is this... game balance. With the timer you have to take a longer amount of time to get certain things allowing for balnce between the people who play 24 hrs a day(exaggeration) and those who are after workers. Each has the possibility to have the same amount of items after the same amount of time. also... if they didnt have the timer people would do the missions so many times that they would get uber tired of them and whalaaaa nobody plays anymore. so that is why the timer is there.... what I think should happen is... keep the timer on the marks but... allow you to rerun them as many times as you want a day... just make the rewards unavailable for those who are repeating. then you can drop it if you are mid way and tadaaaa do it over just not get marks... I understand your frustration and here is my advice to you... Join a fleet that has daily raids during the time you can play and join up :) then you will be able to get through daily :) its not the stfs that are frustrating... its the poeple you team with :)

Archived Post 05-20-2010 08:13 AM

ummm why are you dropping the missions??? if you dont complete a stage, retain the mission, go back to sector space, get a new team of dweebs and go back in..... rinse and repeat as necessary. The timer is only enforced if you "drop" the mission and try to redo it...

It would be nice however, if your at the end boss or objective of a stage and your short players you could invite soemone to the team to help finish it but currently you cant.... Most of us as bushman stated are after workers and dont have hours upon hours to do these and it really sucks when you spend the few hours you have and have to be forced to restart the stage another day cause some people quit, or just lose connection etc.... it took me 3 weeks to complete infected cause of this....

Archived Post 05-23-2010 09:24 AM

Might wanna consider joining up with a fleet.
A lot better organized there and quitters arent a problem usually.
Me and my fleet did a run through of infected last night in around 2 hours.

Archived Post 05-24-2010 12:26 PM

You need a fleet. It will help alot.

Infected should only take an 1 hour and 30 minutes.

Look for a fleet that has a voice chat option (vent, teamspeak3) , website and forums. Good luck mate!