Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Squad System (Sidekicking) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=158490)

Archived Post 05-19-2010 04:33 AM

Squad System (Sidekicking)

I was wondering this Squad System (Sidekicking), will this let you use some of your own ships? will you beable to crew them and add weapons etc?

Because you have a ship then buy a new one and it just sits there, you can remove it but u cannot sell it for credit which is rubbish.

Archived Post 05-19-2010 04:38 AM

no this is about taking a player and making him a sidekick for a mission

say you have a RA and your friend is an commander, you can sidekick him up to RA level to help with the mission (he wont be as powerful but he'll be strong enough to hang in that much higher mission)

it has nothing to do with controlling old ships.

it would be nice if you could sell old ships rather than just decommission them, or at least the extra ones you paid for, as some you get free at each rank.

Archived Post 05-19-2010 04:55 AM

well i got to say thats crap,

I want to be able to have my own base, use some of my own ship in conjuction with my current, I wont missions which are only for science, tactical and engerenering.

I hate doing explore missions and end up fighting, how about having to repair somthing, or sovling a warpcore breach, reapir a conducit etc.

I want weapons to be better coz im an rear admiral 5 i have X type phaser and duel phasers and quantum torpedos and it some to ages to take down ememies.

Cryptic do something right now wont you before you start to lose more people and theis game just become a distant memory!!!!!!

Archived Post 05-19-2010 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leea123 (Post 2684040)
well i got to say thats crap,

I want to be able to have my own base, use some of my own ship in conjuction with my current, I wont missions which are only for science, tactical and engerenering.

I hate doing explore missions and end up fighting, how about having to repair somthing, or sovling a warpcore breach, reapir a conducit etc.

I want weapons to be better coz im an rear admiral 5 i have X type phaser and duel phasers and quantum torpedos and it some to ages to take down ememies.

Cryptic do something right now wont you before you start to lose more people and theis game just become a distant memory!!!!!!

im sorry you feel that way but im not sure why you expect a side kicking system to be something its not. thats not really the games fault because you were not sure what it was.

there is more non combat stuff coming and they are looking to add new stuff that players want, but they cant just do something right now and have it all fixed. adding stuff to the game takes time to make and implement

do you have the difficulty set too high. if its above normal than it does take ages to take enemies down. on normal it should not be a problem if your energy level are set correctly.

yes some people will leave or take a break but the games not going to die or become a distant memory just because its not currently the way we all want it to be

Archived Post 05-20-2010 06:27 AM

v true, /agreed.

Archived Post 05-20-2010 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leea123 (Post 2683967)
Because you have a ship then buy a new one and it just sits there, you can remove it but u cannot sell it for credit which is rubbish.

Ships you received for free should not be able to be sold for ECs: you shouldn't get something for nothing. I do agree if you paid ECs for a ship you should be able to sell it back to Starfleet at 50%, just like any other item in the game sold to a vendor.

I would also think that a few years down the line, probably around level 60, you would be able to assign your BOs to those ship to create this mini-fleet; but at that time your character will probably be stationed at a Starbase and the goal will be to protect sections rather then explore.

Archived Post 05-22-2010 06:57 PM

I think this is a long time in coming. I dont know how many times peeps in my fleet had to solo because diff ranks couldnt do things together...esp as klings. I think its high time for this because it promotes team play and mmos are supposed to be about playing with others.