Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Make the All Good Things Galaxy Non-exclusive to the Referral Program (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=159091)

Archived Post 05-22-2010 07:48 AM

Make the All Good Things Galaxy Non-exclusive to the Referral Program
 
Part 2 (please no name calling)

I want this ship SO much, especially since it is Tier 5. Finding 5 people who want to play this game and then convincing them to go and buy it and subscribe for months at a time is a tall order. But this was a clever scheme, because you have got me addicted to attempting to somehow earn this ship by any means necessary.

Archived Post 05-22-2010 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willriker09 (Post 2694603)
Part 2 (please no name calling)

I want this ship SO much, especially since it is Tier 5. Finding 5 people who want to play this game and then convincing them to go and buy it and subscribe for months at a time is a tall order. But this was a clever scheme, because you have got me addicted to attempting to somehow earn this ship by any means necessary.

Its pointless now, Cryptic have made their stance clear on the situation.

If you want it, cough up $200 or find 5 folks to go in the offer. Cryptic dont care either way beyond getting their money.

However, dont be too eager to buy into their 'exclusives' ... Cryptic's definition of 'Exclusive' is open to interpretation on its duration.

Unless of course... a Cryptic representative wants to provide an official response on that definition ?

The MU Uniform, Liberated Borg, Galaxy-X and whatever future 'exclusives' could avoid similar heated arguments over having them released by such a response.

Probability of a response: Unlikely

Archived Post 05-22-2010 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willriker09 (Post 2694603)
Part 2 (please no name calling)

I want this ship SO much, especially since it is Tier 5. Finding 5 people who want to play this game and then convincing them to go and buy it and subscribe for months at a time is a tall order. But this was a clever scheme, because you have got me addicted to attempting to somehow earn this ship by any means necessary.

Work hard and anything is possible, every major company uses referrals and most MMO have a recruit-a-friend program. With hard work, dedication and the belief that STO is a good game, you can get others to play, the thing is; if you don't convince people that you think it is a good game, it's unlikely they will want to move past the demo.

I'm up to 7 upgraded accounts at the moment and I am hoping all of them subscribe past the 30 days, if not I'll be forced to likely shell out $15 for each one that doesn't; just to get my ship.

I think it should remain exclusive though, this way you do not see EVERYONE flying it around. It's meant to be a symbol of hard work and dedication or alternatively, a symbol of your wallet.

Archived Post 05-22-2010 12:22 PM

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Stormshade

Archived Post 05-22-2010 01:40 PM

Just wait, and contact billing.

It has been shown that this is all that will need to be done to be in the Galaxy X.

At least one other member used this tactic to get the Borg Captain, and I have heard it works on the other "exclusive" items as well.

Just send some correspondence to billing, they will make sure all is well.

Archived Post 05-23-2010 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adigregorio (Post 2695186)
Just wait, and contact billing.

It has been shown that this is all that will need to be done to be in the Galaxy X.

As some one who has told people "No you do not qualify" throughout every promotion we have had so far I assure you this does not work as well as you hope.

Archived Post 05-23-2010 01:33 AM

I would just like my 'Offer Cancelled' bug fixed. :(

Archived Post 05-23-2010 01:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GM_IndigoFyre
As some one who has told people "No you do not qualify" throughout every promotion we have had so far I assure you this does not work as well as you hope.

Might want to check this thread out:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=158839

OP calls billing, asks for Borg, gets Borg (Captain)

(Or did the qualifications for the Borg Captain change? If so, why the silence? If so, when does the Galaxy X change?)

Archived Post 05-23-2010 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adigregorio (Post 2696116)
Might want to check this thread out:
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=158839

OP calls billing, asks for Borg, gets Borg (Captain)

(Or did the qualifications for the Borg Captain change? If so, why the silence? If so, when does the Galaxy X change?)

I am well aware of that situation. My point still stands though.

Archived Post 05-23-2010 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J-Sheridan
Its pointless now, Cryptic have made their stance clear on the situation.
....

Unless of course... a Cryptic representative wants to provide an official response on that definition ?

The MU Uniform, Liberated Borg, Galaxy-X and whatever future 'exclusives' could avoid similar heated arguments over having them released by such a response.

Probability of a response: Unlikely

Their stance is indeed clear, as their only offical response to vocal and numerous protests was for Dstahl to come and drop details on how cool the ship is going to be (and dismiss us as a the 'regularly scheduled riot'), and then circular-file all the complaints and dissent into a "feedback" forum, where (despite promises to the contrary), no constructive or useful replies from cryptic have been made.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dojen
oh good another pointless thread there are at least two of these on the front page alone let it go

We'll 'let it go' when a satisfactory resolution is made. Or even a serious attempt on Cryptic's part to even acknowledge there's a problem, maybe.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:19 PM.