Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   X-Wing or TIE Fighter? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=159847)

Archived Post 05-27-2010 12:44 PM

X-Wing or TIE Fighter?

So this is another of those "thread games", one might call them; the premise is simple. I start out asking which is better between two starships- hence, "X-Wing or TIE Fighter?"- and the next poster will give an answer with a valid statement as to why he chose that ship. For example:

"I think the Enterprise is better because (reason goes here)"

Feel free to deviate from this template, as I'm sure you will.

Lastly, the poster must make a new question, like "Y-Wing or TIE Bomber?" for the next to answer, and so forth.

I'll start with the titular "X-Wing or TIE Fighter?"

Have fun, but avoid trolling, please! :D

Archived Post 05-27-2010 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1701LivesOn
So this is another of those "thread games", one might call them; the premise is simple. I start out asking which is better between two starships- hence, "X-Wing or TIE Fighter?"- and the next poster will give an answer with a valid statement as to why he chose that ship. For example:

"I think the Enterprise is better because (reason goes here)"

Feel free to deviate from this template, as I'm sure you will.

Lastly, the poster must make a new question, like "Y-Wing or TIE Bomber?" for the next to answer, and so forth.

I'll start with the titular "X-Wing or TIE Fighter?"

Have fun, but avoid trolling, please! :D

Now are we talking the stock TIE Fighter or...say, the TIE Interceptor? If it's the latter, then TIE all the way, but the former...

A skilled pilot could make the TIE's inherent maneuverability work for them and get into the X-wing's kill zone. But, an X-wing is sturdier and has shields so a pilot is more likely to survive, learn, and grow more skillful. Hmm...in general, I'd have to say X-wing due to the survivability, though in my hands a TIE would be better than an X.

Katana or lightsaber.

Archived Post 05-27-2010 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_Leod
Now are we talking the stock TIE Fighter or...say, the TIE Interceptor? If it's the latter, then TIE all the way, but the former...

A skilled pilot could make the TIE's inherent maneuverability work for them and get into the X-wing's kill zone. But, an X-wing is sturdier and has shields so a pilot is more likely to survive, learn, and grow more skillful. Hmm...in general, I'd have to say X-wing due to the survivability, though in my hands a TIE would be better than an X.

Katana or lightsaber.

i think he meant to keep it so ships (might be wrong)

but lightsaber

talon vs the white star

Archived Post 05-27-2010 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mac_Leod

Katana or lightsaber.

I was talking stock TIE, but you are most definitely right. A TIE Interceptor has both the speed and maneuverability to run circles around a T-65.

Archived Post 05-27-2010 03:05 PM

White star for sure.

On one hand you have a line of ships that can be built in mass. With tech derived by a race of manipulative aliens able to destroy entire worlds. And win creepy points for their armor and attitude.

Against the a hybrid space larva with grafted on weapons. That can only be born when the extremely rare mother gets knocked up on the odd century and has this happen nearby the naughty folks willing to tamper with, alter, and augment, the potential offspring.

Besides the white stars just look cooler.

Next question, Chuck Norris vs the Dos Equis man.

Archived Post 05-27-2010 03:25 PM

neither, those wacky harnesses chafe :rolleyes: give me star trek and it's total lack of seat belts any day.

Archived Post 05-27-2010 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by captnwan (Post 2707003)
White star for sure.

On one hand you have a line of ships that can be built in mass. With tech derived by a race of manipulative aliens able to destroy entire worlds. And win creepy points for their armor and attitude.

Against the a hybrid space larva with grafted on weapons. That can only be born when the extremely rare mother gets knocked up on the odd century and has this happen nearby the naughty folks willing to tamper with, alter, and augment, the potential offspring.

Besides the white stars just look cooler.

Next question, Chuck Norris vs the Dos Equis man.

Neither - Bruce Lee wins even if he's dead. Though if I had to, I'd take the Most Interesting Man in the World because he can speak French in Russian and has the best opinion ever on rollerblading.

Jamie Hyneman or Adam Savage

Archived Post 05-27-2010 03:40 PM

Adam Savage, he is more than willing to put himself in the line of bodily harm and is much more open minded about things, allowing him to once and a while think of something Jamie would have missed.

Scimitar or Narada

Archived Post 05-27-2010 03:53 PM

Narada of course, obvious, that things massive

Temporal Cold War or Last Great Time War

Archived Post 05-27-2010 04:27 PM

Last Great Time War. Because we didn't see that much of the actual war, only the side-effects and outcomes, it was far greater than any "Hey, let's do a random war that won't equate to a single thing" story-arc.

Barney or Doogie Howser.