Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   New Federation Race: Denobulan (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=160188)

Archived Post 05-29-2010 09:55 PM

New Federation Race: Denobulan

I have seen no mention of the Denobulans in STO. Have they been considered as another Federation Race?

http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Denobulan

Archived Post 05-30-2010 03:03 AM

The parts are in the alien creator. While I wouldn't mind seeing a new race, I first want the existing ones fixed. All C-Store species still have issues that need attention before new ones come.

Archived Post 05-30-2010 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ArievDhien
The parts are in the alien creator. While I wouldn't mind seeing a new race, I first want the existing ones fixed. All C-Store species still have issues that need attention before new ones come.

While this is quite valid I'd still like to see some Denobulans running around.

Of course, at some stage we have to ask how many species is too many?

Archived Post 05-30-2010 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElZombie

Nine thousand.

Or was it 47?

Archived Post 05-30-2010 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antagonist99 (Post 2712060)
Nine thousand.

Or was it 47?

Nine thousand and forty seven!!

Archived Post 05-30-2010 08:37 AM

I'd like to see Denobulans be playable, the captain of the ship you start out in is a Denobulan.

Archived Post 05-30-2010 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ElZombie

I'm all for having tons of species to select. They are C-Store, no-one has to buy them all, so the more there are, the better the chance you can play your fave. I just think it should be fair (its not now, its only Fed species, not a single KDF one) and should also be done one step at a time. Instead of pushing out as many as possible as quick as possible, I'd rather see the devs take their time to make a correct model, even if it means to wait a bit. Simply scale the height to minimum and slap a Tellarite skin on the same basic body doesn't work - see beer belly issue. Same for Pakleds. Both would require a thicker base body. Ferengi have no teeth and traits with barely any relation to canon. Klingons still have VERY limited hair options: the dreadful dreadlocks, nothing even similar to what Klingons had on screen.
Rushed species won't satisfy their fans; I know a lot who didn't buy Ferengi because of the wrong traits (which are even listed as 'better' on the C-Store page than they are in game), or didn't buy Pakleds/Tellarites after seeing on BOs that they can't look like in the shows.

Archived Post 05-30-2010 05:22 PM

Well, the Federation has 150+ member species. I'm all for seeing as many as possible in the game.

Archived Post 06-06-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by futurepastnow (Post 2713014)
Well, the Federation has 150+ member species. I'm all for seeing as many as possible in the game.

^ This. The more the merrier. More options are always good. While Klingon faction players might complain, fact is that the Empire is just comprised of less species. The Alien creator is nice, but more official species would mean I can make my bridge crew more diverse. I also have trouble believing that Denobulans, Talaxians, Romulans, Cardassians etc aren't playable while stupid races like Pakleds are.

Archived Post 06-07-2010 09:19 AM

Cardassians and Denobulans - agreed, they should be considered as Fed races.
Romulans, totally not. They get their own faction.
Talaxians, while they would probably fit in, their homeworld is a) in the Delta Quadrant, actually at the most distant point the Voyager went to, and b) nearly destroyed. It would be a bit hard to find a logical reason how the Talaxians manage to get to the Alpha Quadrant. But then, Hirogen are allied with the Romulans, forget logic, just add Talaxians as Fed species. :o