Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Let Us Give Bridge Officers Roles and Titles. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=160974)

Archived Post 06-04-2010 08:04 AM

Let Us Give Bridge Officers Roles and Titles.

This may have been mentioned but can cryptic please add roles or titles to the Bridge officers, that not only can be seen on their status and above their heads, like our titles, but also affect their position in the ships interiors.

So for example their could be a list something like this;

First Officer
Councillor
Ships Pilot/Helm
Chief Engineer
Engineering Officer
Transporter Chief
Weapons/Tactical Officer
Chief Science Officer
Science personnel
Security Chief
Security personnel
Ships Doctor
Medic
Communications officer

These titles are optional so you don't have to assign all of them if you don't want to and some can only be used once (like ships doctor), whilst others like Engineering Officer can be used by multiple BO's.

Also the title will determine where they are on the ship (more important when ships interiors come into it) so the helm officer will always sit in the pilots chair, the ships doctor will always be in the sickbay or the communications officer will always be the one who pops up when your in space to tell you someone's hailing you etc etc.

Or give us the option to move the bridge crew around the stations if they are not sitting in the correct place. add a new screen like the assignment screen but show us a bridge overlay and let us pick where we want to put them.

Archived Post 06-04-2010 08:46 AM

To go along with this we would need the ability to designate what each bridge station is.

Archived Post 06-04-2010 09:19 AM

Great suggestion. I love it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathofwrath (Post 2723286)
To go along with this we would need the ability to designate what each bridge station is.

Not exactly. He is talking only about titles, nothing with skills or actual BO stations (in the assignments screen). It will be the same as changing your Captain's title. If his rank is RA but the title is Tal'Shiar's most wanted, does that change his skills in anyway? No its just a title. The additional suggestion is that these titles will determine their location on the ship when interiors are released.

Archived Post 06-04-2010 11:10 AM

Actually, since the OP uses the example of having the Helmsman sitting at the Helm console, we should be able to designate which console is the Helm. Or Ops. Or Tactical. Or Science. Or anything else.

Archived Post 06-04-2010 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathofwrath (Post 2723671)
Actually, since the OP uses the example of having the Helmsman sitting at the Helm console, we should be able to designate which console is the Helm. Or Ops. Or Tactical. Or Science. Or anything else.

Hold on, I think we are talking about 2 different things. I'm talking about the BO consoles on the assignment screen, where you put "this" officer into the Lieutenant Science slot, or "that" officer into the Commander Tactical Slot, etc.

If I am understanding correctly you are talking about the actual stations on the actual bridge. Where the BOs sit/stand.

Archived Post 06-04-2010 11:19 AM

The OP was, as I understand it, referring to where the BO stands/sits. As am I.

If you are going to give someone the title of Operations Officer and you want him to sit at the Ops console, you should be able to designate which console on your Bridge is the Ops console.

Archived Post 06-04-2010 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathofwrath (Post 2723711)

If you are going to give someone the title of Operations Officer and you want him to sit at the Ops console, you should be able to designate which console on your Bridge is the Ops console.

Okay that I agree with. I misunderstood your first post.

Archived Post 06-04-2010 11:31 AM

I support this 110%.

Even if the titles ar meaningless, it would be nice to designate me chief engineer, head of security and and what not.

Archived Post 06-04-2010 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pathofwrath (Post 2723711)

yes, thats basically what i meant.

just let us place our bridge officers at what ever console, (or when they do interiors), what ever room we please.

so you can select one BO, call him/her a pilot and place him at what ever console you please.

or call someone a doctor and place him/her on the bridge or in sickbay or where ever you want.

it wont have any effect on gameplay, its only to help immersion and possible role play for those people that want it.

Archived Post 06-04-2010 11:54 AM

For now, I put the position of my BOs in their biography. Until BO titles come along, it's the best we're gonna get I think.

I hate going to my Bridge and seeing the BO I consider my Helmsman working at some rear console, or my Executive Officer sitting at Ops with my Chief Tactical Officer in the First Officer's chair.