Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   C-Store gifting (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=162713)

Archived Post 06-14-2010 12:38 PM

C-Store gifting

I think it might boost sales for the C-Store if it were possible to buy items to send to other players as gifts. Many games that offer micro-transactions have implemented this, and I think it would do well in his game. Thoughts? Opinions? /Votes?

Archived Post 06-14-2010 12:40 PM

That would be a great idea.

I was thinking about running a monthly tournaments. Having c-store items as the top reward to "gift" to the winner would be great (or even just gifting c-store points).

Archived Post 06-14-2010 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
That would be a great idea.

I was thinking about running a monthly tournaments. Having c-store items as the top reward to "gift" to the winner would be great (or even just gifting c-store points).

I like that. I like it a lot, it might perk my fleet members up a little.

Archived Post 06-14-2010 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curs0r (Post 2752722)
I like that. I like it a lot, it might perk my fleet members up a little.

I was going to have a Bat'leth tournament at Deep Space 9 yesterday but thought energy credits as a reward would be kind of weaksauce.

Archived Post 06-14-2010 02:26 PM

This is a great idea. More C-Store points get sold, so Cryptic wins. Players can use the gifts as they want, so players win.

Archived Post 06-14-2010 04:45 PM

Quote:

I was going to have a Bat'leth tournament at Deep Space 9 yesterday but thought energy credits as a reward would be kind of weaksauce.

How exactly were you going to handle that? As far as I know, there is no duel command.

Archived Post 06-14-2010 04:46 PM

This is a great idea! I know someone to whom I'd love to send a doughnut.

Archived Post 06-14-2010 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
How exactly were you going to handle that? As far as I know, there is no duel command.

You get 9 people into a private Ground Map. You then organize in 1 v. 1 matches across the map. There's only enough kill count to do best of 1 (and then match winners). You should safely be under the kill count until the winner is declared - everyone else must observe.

Archived Post 06-14-2010 05:02 PM

Expired comment

Archived Post 06-14-2010 10:02 PM

Quote:

You get 9 people into a private Ground Map. You then organize in 1 v. 1 matches across the map. There's only enough kill count to do best of 1 (and then match winners). You should safely be under the kill count until the winner is declared - everyone else must observe.

I'm going to look into this myself, great info. Have you considered posting a request for a tournament system? I think that has great possibilities.