Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   More Cross-Faction species in C-store! Fundraiser for the KDF! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=167128)

Archived Post 07-10-2010 05:11 PM

More Cross-Faction species in C-store! Fundraiser for the KDF!

So I'm thinking... the new customization options for Orions, and Nausicaans... okay basically Orions are cool, but the KDF gameplay is still grueling and boring for me.

There is a population that has been using the Alien generator to play exiled Orions (and not just females!) in Starfleet since the beginning and I know would jump at buying them in the C-store (with their traditional garb as off-duty uniforms). I also know people who would like to play Gorn resisting the conquest of their homeworld by joining Starfleet. And I'm sure there would be someone out there who'd buy a Nausicaan, maybe. And the core species of the Klingon Empire was sold since the beginning.

Likewise, I've seen people (ok one person) play a human working for the KDF through the Alien generator, and we have Joined Trill on the KDF side already due to demand.

I think that putting all species cross-faction in the C-store would a)require almost no work since all the species art has been done already and b)actually sell well.

Plus, I want to make a Starfleet Gorn resistance fighter and re-make my Starfleet Orion as a proper one. So that's two purchases there.

In summary, I'm proposing that Cryptic put up every factional species in the game in a C-store version for the other factions exactly like Starfleet Klingons are now and include all species-linked costume options as off-duty wear for them.

Now, I know some people will come in and say that this will further screw over the KDF by removing the uniqueness from their species. Is the new art really going to accomplish much of a draw, though? Honestly I'm expecting that Cryptic will see Klingon player numbers barely budge after Season 2 and then there will be lots of pressure from the bean-counters to just cut losses and abandon investing in them. What I'm proposing is, basically, a way to directly make more money off what has been invested so far in some of the KDF-side art assets so there's more solid encouragement to actually keep going.

I'm going to suggest that Cryptic go further and earmark the CP income from the KDF species sold cross-faction to support more budgeted dev time for the KDF.
Have a little fundraiser out of it!

Archived Post 07-10-2010 05:21 PM

I'd support this. I'd pay money to play an actual Orion on Feddy side.

Archived Post 07-10-2010 05:35 PM

to hell with this idea I do not support it. No you feds do not need Orion just to get a female in a bikini leave them to the damn KDF. You feds already begged and pleaded and moaned and whined about the klingons cloak and now you people have two ships with it. Quit trying to steal from the KDF and leave what unique crap we have left alone.

Archived Post 07-10-2010 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alucard214 (Post 2830938)
to hell with this idea I do not support it. No you feds do not need Orion just to get a female in a bikini leave them to the damn KDF. You feds already begged and pleaded and moaned and whined about the klingons cloak and now you people have two ships with it. Quit trying to steal from the KDF and leave what unique crap we have left alone.

Show me where I've said it would be a good idea for Starfleet to get cloaking devices. Good luck.

Furthermore, the unique crap the KDF has isn't doing it a bit of good. I'm proposing a measure to support continued and improved development of KDF gameplay to the point where it's actually bearable.

Archived Post 07-11-2010 11:03 AM

I would support this idea if, and ONLY if, the KDF gets access to humans, Andorians, Vulcans, Tellarites, and pretty much every other race that the Federation has access to. It's bad enough that there are Klingons in Starfleet already. If they put in Gorn, Orion, and Naussican Fed side without giving something back to the Klingons, Cryptic might as well just scrap the entire faction and make the entire game Starfleet Online. I hate to say this, but the way that they're screwing over the Klingon faction in favor of Starfleet they might as well just can it and forget about any future factions 'cause everyone will just play Feddies.

Archived Post 07-11-2010 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong (Post 2832840)
I would support this idea if, and ONLY if, the KDF gets access to humans, Andorians, Vulcans, Tellarites, and pretty much every other race that the Federation has access to.

I absolutely support this as well.

The exceptions like Worf have always been some of Trek's most interesting characters. That should certainly flow both ways, particularly given the situation that has led to the current war and the Federation's flat, frustrating rejection of Worf's plea for action.

Archived Post 07-11-2010 03:11 PM

I support the idea in the respect of being able to play any race in any faction.Even tho I dont really see a nausican in starfleet they are very commited to being pirates after all :D I also dont see humans strong enough to pass the trials that klingons would put them thru either well not many maybe a few.Vulcans wouldnt see a point in fighting for the KDF imho maybe a really whacked out romulan but they are age old enemies.The rest of em sure andorians in the KDF ok ,Lethans in starfleet thats another one idk about cause there isnt much known about them but I think that betazoids do have a big problem with them.So good luck with joining starfleet.

Now not to steer to far off base how bout just a neutral faction that any race can join.One that has no interests in Federation mandates and regulations,nor any want to be controled by the Klingon Empire.Now that sounds like a good way of giving what you want while not shadowing alot of reasons as to why there are people in control on certain starships who would on no normal day have them.Times may be desperate for both sides but I just don see certain Captains being put in command of certain ships.

Archived Post 07-12-2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong (Post 2832840)
I would support this idea if, and ONLY if, the KDF gets access to humans, Andorians, Vulcans, Tellarites, and pretty much every other race that the Federation has access to. It's bad enough that there are Klingons in Starfleet already.

I could totally support this as well. Let's face it, KDF already has Joined Trill. The advantage to putting any race on the C-store for the other faction means you have to spend money to get it on the other faction. It gives you the OPTION, but makes it RARER by virtue of having to spend real money, and that makes sense to me.

Besides, the new Abrams Star Trek movie had a feddie Orion in Starfleet Academy. I don't see why NOT.

Archived Post 07-13-2010 04:01 PM

Adding something somewhat obvious in hindsight: bridge officers!

I'd rather that not be a C-store item though... maybe an accolade unlock. Something like the C-store Borg, where you can get one both ways, would also work.

Archived Post 07-13-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alucard214 (Post 2830938)

I hate to break it to you. But you are a fed as well. Just felt the need to point that out.

The irony where you are upset about POTENTIAL feds in Orion bikini's when you have 3 female admirals ALL in mirror universe halters. Is simple comedy win.

http://www.startrekonline.com/charac...ers/alucard214