Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   What we know so far about the Nebula, and the Excelsior (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=168336)

Archived Post 07-15-2010 11:40 PM

What we know so far about the Nebula, and the Excelsior
 
So we just got a post by Dstahl about what he knows about those two ships. here is that post.

Quote:

Originally Posted by dstahl (Post 2851836)
The details haven't been completely ironed out yet - so I don't have all of what you're asking for but here's what I can share.

The models for the ship are nearly complete - it is just a matter of adding the powers/class configs to the ships and then getting approval.

These ships are currently slated to have slightly different configurations with at least 1 intersting unique ability (Nebula will have some sort of awacs like power and excelsior gets transwarp to any sector ability)

We are heavily considering a suggestion posted earlier where acquiring these ships unlocks both a T3 AND T5 version. So you can fly it at Captain and then a Refit version at Admiral. (love this idea btw)

And as mentioned earlier - I'm also arguing for a way to get alternative ways to unlock these types of things in game so that there are other ways to get the ship rather than via the C-Store.

Price is completely up in the air and set by the C-Store team.


hmm well we don't know everything but this will put some light on it, and I'm happy now. we know that it is going to be it's own ship. it mite be tier 3 and tier 5, and I like the transwarp to anywhere idea. still more to learn but this helps a lot.

Archived Post 07-15-2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
So we just got a post by Dstahl about what he knows about those two ships. here is that post.




hmm well we don't know everything but this will put some light on it, and I'm happy now. we know that it is going to be it's own ship. it mite be tier 3 and tier 5, and I like the transwarp to anywhere idea. still more to learn but this helps a lot.

This is the best news I've heard in days. How they decide to handle this will greatly influence my choices in how I will continue to do business with Cryptic.

Archived Post 07-15-2010 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KillingMeSoftly
This is the best news I've heard in days. How they decide to handle this will greatly influence my choices in how I will continue to do business with Cryptic.

from the looks of it, it seems that it comes down the Dstahl vs the bean counters, and i think we need to support him, and keep on pushing the issue of a way to earn C-store points in the game.

Archived Post 07-16-2010 12:10 AM

I'm not happy that they're getting unique powers, especially not that transwarp power, given that people have been asking since beta for the ability to reassign our transwarp power to different starbases (like ds9 or MA).

Archived Post 07-16-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honeymane
I'm not happy that they're getting unique powers, especially not that transwarp power, given that people have been asking since beta for the ability to reassign our transwarp power to different starbases (like ds9 or MA).

that is true, and it is kind of sad, but on the other hand we now know what we are dealing with, and we know that dstahl is still trying to get it to us in a way that we can get it for free. if he can do that then it will in my opinion cancel itself out as game changing.

Archived Post 07-16-2010 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
that is true, and it is kind of sad, but on the other hand we now know what we are dealing with, and we know that dstahl is still trying to get it to us in a way that we can get it for free. if he can do that then it will in my opinion cancel itself out as game changing.

You're missunderstanding what I'm getting at. This unique power is something a lot of people have wanted, and now they're turning it into something that only shows up on one ship, for money, that we in all fairness should have added to our current transwarp powers as part of the season 2 update.

Archived Post 07-16-2010 01:02 AM

I have faith in Dstahl, he seems to be on the same wave-length. Time will tell if my faith and trust remain, though.

I like the Excelsior unique power; it has nothing to do with combat and is thematically appropriate. If the Tier3 version, which I hope will be free, has this power... you can simply purchase the Excelsior in-game and use it as your "cruise boat". But I agree with you, Honeymane, on one aspect -- it would be a very nice feature to be able to set your Transwarp point to a major Starbase, not just Sol. Just like how you can set your hearthstone in WoW.

Currently I don't think it's too pressing of an issue, due to how small the playable sector space really is. However it is a change I fully support and would love to see it implement sometime soon, before Season 3 ideally.

Archived Post 07-16-2010 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honeymane
You're missunderstanding what I'm getting at. This unique power is something a lot of people have wanted, and now they're turning it into something that only shows up on one ship, for money, that we in all fairness should have added to our current transwarp powers as part of the season 2 update.

I understand that. it is another thing to ask for.... maybe that ship have an advanced form. ( click anywhere on the map ) and the other ships have a kind of normal form. ( set locations like DS9, K7, ect. )

Archived Post 07-16-2010 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Honeymane
I'm not happy that they're getting unique powers, especially not that transwarp power, given that people have been asking since beta for the ability to reassign our transwarp power to different starbases (like ds9 or MA).

Hopefully this doesn't exclude that possiblity - it has transwarp to any sector, that is different than transwarp to any starbase (and might add the tech needed to get TW to selected starbase in the game).


Now here is a question - how about adding the T3 version in the game for FREE, and adding the refit to the C-Store (if that is a requirement to get the ship in the game)???

Archived Post 07-16-2010 08:31 AM

Transwarp or not, I agree that we should support Dstahl. It seems to me that he is definitly on the side of the community, and that alone helps me atleast support the game.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:51 PM.