Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Please add more pets to the C-Store (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=169338)

Archived Post 07-20-2010 01:44 PM

Please add more pets to the C-Store

Now that we have interiors can you guys add cats, dogs and other animals to the C-store. Archer had Porthos, and Data had Spot. Data even wrote a poem about Spot. :D
The pet could have a stay command for when you want to keep it in your ready room or quarters or a follow command if you want it to follow you around the ship. I imagine that the follow/stay mechanics would be similar to those on the BOFFs. As for the animal's actual behavior I'm not suggesting that it be 100% accurate. A simple loop animation where it lies down on the floor for a while then gets up and roams around the room, then goes and sit for a little while then goes walk a little more then lies down again would be fine by me. Cat's could maybe lick themselves clean at random intervals and dogs can wag their tails excitedly to add some random animation, but even that doesn't need to be a must IMO.

They could have a feline pack w/ several different breeds of cats, a canine pack w/ different breeds of dogs and then single alien pets like the Klingon targ, the Vulcan sehlat, the jackal mastiff and the Klingon monster dog. I also think that all the alien pets should be available to both factions, We do after all have Fed Klingons and who's to say that KDF warrior couldn't tame a sehlat.

Archived Post 07-20-2010 02:32 PM

why is everyone requesting ideas to be put in the C-Store now ?

why not request it to be put in-game ?... the game that you pay a subscription for remember :) :)

Archived Post 07-20-2010 02:43 PM

Baby horta.

Archived Post 07-20-2010 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again (Post 2869812)
why not request it to be put in-game ?... the game that you pay a subscription for remember :) :)

Cryptic has secretly inserted Ceti eel's into their brains during the last patch.

Archived Post 07-20-2010 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cold_gin_time_again (Post 2869812)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DES_SNIPER (Post 2870499)
Cryptic has secretly inserted Ceti eel's into their brains during the last patch.

Sure, go ahead and add the pets in game and hey, find ways where people can earn them 1 at a time as rare random rewards for free, like WoW does. However if people want them all w/ out having to hunt them down all over the game then the C-store can serves as an alternative.

Since these are fluff items they are certainly something that I ( and I'm sure others ) would have no issue paying for, if reasonably priced in the C-store. To me, the convenience of obtaining them all in one place instead of having to search for them would be worth it.

Personally I think that this would fall under their "low priority list" and if turned into some sort of in game reward only item we probably wouldn't see any of it for ages. It would require writers to come up w/ a story and developers would need to integrate them in the loot tables as rewards where as the C-store doesn't require any of that. I just want the pet, it doesn't need to have a story to go w/ it to explain why or how I got it.

Archived Post 07-20-2010 06:27 PM

And every once in a while, my baby horta has to get excited or scared and accidentally melt through the floor.

Archived Post 07-21-2010 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Summers (Post 2870593)
And every once in a while, my baby horta has to get excited or scared and accidentally melt through the floor.

ROFL! That actually would be funny to see :D

Archived Post 07-22-2010 03:10 PM

For some reason the first thing that popped in my mind when I read this thread I thought that starships would be turned into petting zoos.

Personally, I would rather see some of the more common pet types free or unlockable in game. Then, for the more...um, "exotic" animals...THOSE can be cheap C-Store items.

Yeah...um...I'd pay for a pink sparkle pony... ;)

Archived Post 07-22-2010 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_Armstrong (Post 2876677)
For some reason the first thing that popped in my mind when I read this thread I thought that starships would be turned into petting zoos.

Personally, I would rather see some of the more common pet types free or unlockable in game. Then, for the more...um, "exotic" animals...THOSE can be cheap C-Store items.

Yeah...um...I'd pay for a pink sparkle pony... ;)

Well, the enterprise D did have a sort of petting zoo in the kid's school or something like it as I recall but what I'm proposing is that you only be allowed to call on 1 pet at a time. Some might argue that as Cpt. you can have a whole zoo if you want but to me that might be a lil' too much like the crazy cat lady from the Simpsons.

While the idea of making the common animals available in game and keeping the rare ones to the C-store is not a bad one, I personally would rather have the option to buy them all on the C-store. I'm too lazy to hunt them down like I did in WoW (gawd I hated looking for my phoenix hatchling).

As for the pink sparkle pony.....O_o Ummm, it's unusual but I don't see how a horse would fit in your ready room or quarters.

Archived Post 07-22-2010 06:09 PM

More pets ? Maybe you should consider playing the Sims. There you can engage the whole day in senseless housekeeping and petting. :D