Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   The Federation Dreadnought (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=169652)

Archived Post 07-22-2010 02:01 AM

The Federation Dreadnought

I bought it yesterday. Today I'm a bit disapointed !!!

Yes, it's cool that I can equip cannons, but what's the point, since I can't turn fast enought to use them?
Another thing: From the description made about the "spinal phaser", I was convinced that the ship would come with some kind of unique weapon that would do massive damage, but no. It comes with ordinary dual phaser cannons MK VIII (not even an MK X).

Am I missing something or is this ship a big disapointment?

Archived Post 07-22-2010 02:05 AM

It has a special power to fire the spinal phaser. Check your powers tray.

Archived Post 07-22-2010 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain_Atomic

Yes, it's cool that I can equip cannons, but what's the point, since I can't turn fast enought to use them?
Another thing: From the description made about the "spinal phaser", I was convinced that the ship would come with some kind of unique weapon that would do massive damage, but no. It comes with ordinary dual phaser cannons MK VIII (not even an MK X).

As for the Spinal Lance, it's not a weapon you can equip, but an innate ability given to you once you drive the ship. It should be on your ability listing window. It does a decent damage.

Don't forget the cloak. It's pretty fun. Besides those, the ship performs subpar compared to other T5s.

Archived Post 07-22-2010 02:11 AM

Quote:

The Phaser Lance works just like the beam overload you get the most effect if you hit the enemy ship when the sheilds are down you get a better effect. thats how it works for me I like the Galaxy X The duel cannons work even though the ship moves slow if you use Rapied fire it will help when your opening attack starts.

Archived Post 07-22-2010 02:19 AM

Thanks for pointing out the fact I was missing the "spinal lance" power. I had no clue about that. I'll try it later on.

Archived Post 07-22-2010 02:29 AM

Equip a few turn rate consoles too, and spend more skill points on cruiser skills, and i'll move like a bus - slow, but manouverable.

Archived Post 07-22-2010 02:33 AM

Quote:

See.. I have no idea why people cant figure out how to make there cruisers turn I can tell you my Galaxy-X works good filled with MX Purples and turns fairly with the right equipment

Archived Post 07-22-2010 03:45 AM

Why do people with no clue always get the shiniest stuff?

If OP feels insulted, you very well should.
ThereŽs only been 35gazillion threads about the G-X. Well enough for you to inform yourself about that bunch of virtual pixels youŽll dump 25$ into.
So there, Ha HA!

Archived Post 07-22-2010 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ivarST
...... Well enough for you to inform yourself about that bunch of virtual pixels youŽll dump 25$ into.....

you may have posted in jest....But I really agree with your statement....

The players are 'enabling' Cryptic to make these exorbitant prices for things that dont even really exist....

2000cp ? come on people.....

$25 ??? for a ship skin ?? and you all sucked it up like jello with extra sugar......

and we wonder why everything is being put in the c-store now..... it's appalling.