Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Fleet Robbers (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=169718)

Archived Post 07-22-2010 11:55 AM

Fleet Robbers

Greetings, I have a question for the Devs, I, as a fleet leader have noticed a rise in Fleet Robbers, these undesirables join a fleet, take what ever they can get away with all they can from fleet bank tabs, and leave the fleet.

Talking with other Fleet Admirals this seem to be on the rise.

I have proof of one such incident by way of pics of time stamped logs etc. We have filed GM reports and have as of yet only received auto responses.

My question is ..... Is it ok to list these cyber criminals and traitors to both the Federation and the Empire, in the forums along with the evidence?

Or would that be considered trolling or flaming?

What is the proper procedure for sharing this information with other Fleet Leaders so we can eliminate the effectiveness of these petty thieves?
:mad:

Archived Post 07-22-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumrah
Greetings, I have a question for the Devs, I, as a fleet leader have noticed a rise in Fleet Robbers, these undesirables join a fleet, take what ever they can get away with all they can from fleet bank tabs, and leave the fleet.

Talking with other Fleet Admirals this seem to be on the rise.

I have proof of one such incident by way of pics of time stamped logs etc. We have filed GM reports and have as of yet only received auto responses.

My question is ..... Is it ok to list these cyber criminals and traitors to both the Federation and the Empire, in the forums along with the evidence?

Or would that be considered trolling or flaming?

What is the proper procedure for sharing this information with other Fleet Leaders so we can eliminate the effectiveness of these petty thieves?
:mad:

someone in your fleet invited them in no?
so how is it cryptic's fault you got robbed or taken advantage of?

as unfortunate as it is, (and yes i actually side with you), cryptic dose not need to further investigate and/or offer any reimbursment for your loss. as far as the list of names...that is a touchy subject. the rules say NO names can be mentioned on the forums, however, there is a push and been several requests for "proven" violators/robbers to be posted so others do not fall prey.

until then, only your GM request can be dealt with. you may also wish to use the email provided here somewhere for community assistance if you feel the GM responses are not helpful.

GL.

Archived Post 07-22-2010 12:29 PM

PM me as I would like to know thier names, so I can pass it to my fleet commander.

Archived Post 07-22-2010 12:31 PM

Please keep your posts clean. ~GM Tiyshen

Archived Post 07-22-2010 12:38 PM

Simply don't give anyone permission to take anything out. If they need something and you aren't on let them PM you and you can give it to them or mail it to them if they aren't on when you get the message. I used to be one of the officers responsible for our guild bank in EQ and that's how we handled it.

Nothing of high value was left to be grabbed, things of ordinary value were left for anyone to take, some things tagged for a certain class only and that kept any problems from happening.

The thing that gets me though is that so few things are really of any value in the game and there is no reason for people to have to steal anything other than pure low breeding.

Archived Post 07-22-2010 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mumrah
Down Troll read the entire post before you pounce, its a question not a complaint savvy. :cool:

maybe YOU should have read his entire post before calling him a troll, since he mentions he's on your side and he ANSWERS your question.

Archived Post 07-22-2010 12:43 PM

my advice just open up some free forum somewhere and post it all there than you are save and you can help to eliminate these people.

Also rule 101 only give yourself + people you know really well permission to get stuff from the bank.

Archived Post 07-22-2010 01:09 PM

lol

i really like the title

"Fleet Robbers"

i want to be a fleet robber. but it sounds like to much work.

better would be to have a fleet with a bunch of fleet robbers in it

I am trying to get a rare or very rare turret at commander level and they cost like 1,200, 000 on the exchange thing

if i had a fleet robber this could be circumvented

Any fleet robber out there, join my fleet which i have not started yet and after i pay 1,200,000 credits for a turrett, and when i am done with it , i will give it to you.

As a matter of fact we can be like the "rob from the fleets with rich kids and give to the fleets of the poor kids with laptops with broken keys and bad processors". And bring equality to the game in the form of economic revolutionary tactics

Archived Post 07-22-2010 01:16 PM

the easiest way to prevent fleet robbers is to not just let people join with full bank permissions. set up a Cadet fleet rank with limited or no bank permissions and have them join at that rank. And don't recruit people who are just flying around asking "If Fleet..."

Archived Post 07-22-2010 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH (Post 2876302)
the easiest way to prevent fleet robbers is to not just let people join with full bank permissions. set up a Cadet fleet rank with limited or no bank permissions and have them join at that rank. And don't recruit people who are just flying around asking "If Fleet..."

/agree

why do so many fleets let newbie members have full bank access???

just make it so only members and higher can have it, make all entry people ensigns or whatever and give them a 30day period before promotion... if they need something before then they ask a full member...

there is your solution it entirely stops robbers unless they are willing to rob one fleet a month, also i think you can limit withdrawals based on rank....