Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Changes to our Billing System (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=169975)

Archived Post 07-23-2010 06:58 PM

Changes to our Billing System

Hi Everyone!

I want you all to know that we've recently made some changes to our website and the way it handles billing.

Due to customer feedback requesting this, effective immediately, if you go to your account page and remove your credit card number from your account this will cancel your subscription to any Cryptic Studios Products.

Also, you now no longer have the option to refuse the remaining subscription time when you cancel your account. If you would like to cancel your account immediately without receiving the remainder of your subscription time, you may still contact billing support in order to do so.

Thanks,

Stormshade

Archived Post 07-23-2010 07:01 PM

Whoa, whoa, whoa.

I'm assuming this won't affect Lifetime Subscribers, right? I have a credit card set up (for buying CPs), but, now that I won't be buying anything from the C-Store, if I remove it nothing will happen to my sub, right?

Archived Post 07-23-2010 07:12 PM

Interesting. I hope this won't affect lifetime subscribers as well, assuming I ever have to remove the credit card from my account for any reason.

Archived Post 07-23-2010 07:13 PM

That's messed up...If there is a change in the official billing, or I change my credit card number for some reason it cancels out my subscription? What kind of stuff is that? If I have to change my credit card information and you cancel out my subscription, that is not cricket....

Come to think of it, is it even legal in all 50 states? Wouldn't this type of change have to be in the liscensing agreement or terms and conditions of the game? Shouldn't I be allowed to see such changes to billing practices in writing?

I would like to know if I change my credit card information, anotherwards use a different card (because the other one is not used anymore, orthe old one is lost, etc) and delete the old credit card information, it will cancel out my subscription? Is there even a way to put more than one credit card number on the account without cancelling out the subscription?

I want clarification to your statement, and an answer to my question. I await your response.

Thanks.

Archived Post 07-23-2010 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonaos (Post 2880589)
Interesting. I hope this won't affect lifetime subscribers as well, assuming I ever have to remove the credit card from my account for any reason.

Heh, yeah, that's why I'm asking. I've been wrong before when I assumed something about STO and/or Cryptic, and I really don't want to assume anything in this case.

edit: Also, I hope you link this thread to the launcher, because not everyone reads the forums.

Archived Post 07-23-2010 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fractal_Eye
Heh, yeah, that's why I'm asking. I've been wrong before when I assumed something about STO and/or Cryptic, and I really don't want to assume anything in this case.

Heck, that's why I am asking. I am wondering how this works for those that for example change credit cards or have to change numbers because it was lost, stolen, etc....I'm not saying mine has, but since I have been burned before in the past with these type of things, I want to know what options I have should a situation like that one arise...

Archived Post 07-23-2010 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
Heck, that's why I am asking. I am wondering how this works for those that for example change credit cards or have to change numbers because it was lost, stolen, etc....I'm not saying mine has, but since I have been burned before in the past with these type of things, I want to know what options I have should a situation like that one arise...

No doubt; I agree. I'm just wondering why the change in the first place. Was it really too hard for people to cancel their credit card and then cancel their subscription?

Archived Post 07-23-2010 07:44 PM

I agree. I understand why peope want the change, but should the card I have attached be cancelled or the account number change, I DO NOT want to lose my LTS access. Some further info on this about how it would/wouldn't affect players whove purchased an LTS to one or both Cryptic MMOs would be appreciated.

Archived Post 07-23-2010 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan

A year ago, I was reissued a credit card because somehow my card (along with a boat load of other customers cards) were compromised. I don't see this happening again, but one should plan for everything. If I decide to use a different card for c-points and remove the card I have on file after adding a new card. Will this screw with my lifetime account?

I would be very upset if I moved, changed banks (since I'm with a local bank), and then had to change cards resulting in my lifetime getting canceled. And I am not one who likes to sit on the phone for hours on end to try and get a hold of customer service.

*ponder*

Archived Post 07-23-2010 07:52 PM

If I may offer a hypothesis. Since we would still be required to have our account active for the remainder of the time we paid I would assume we would be required to remain active for a lifetime unless we call billing and demand they cancel it