||08-04-2010 06:06 PM
Release Notes - August 5, 2010
We will be bringing down the HOLODECK for maintenance at 2am Pacific, Thursday August 5, 2010 to apply a new update (ST.5.20100803a.4). This includes fixes for several of the bugs you've been reporting from the Season 2: Ancient Enemies release.
The team continues to track down and squash bugs and are actively working to address concerns with the PVP Queue system. We have a new PVP Queue design which will be available for testing on TRIBBLE in the coming days which we expect to address many of the problems with starting PVP matches.
For now - here's the list of updates included in this release.
- “Harvest” tasks are no longer offered by the Federation Diplomatic Corps, as they do not grant Diplomatic Experience.
- The triangle design is now function as properly when creating a Fleet Logo
- The Badlands (point of interest) system now shows the proper name above the minimap.
- The PvP Queue system has been improved for various queue sizes.
- Ground PvP arenas now correctly complete at 30 kills.
- Several improvements have been made to general game stability.
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to get some interactions in star cluster sector maps, such as continuing a star cluster mission, or starting a diplomatic investigation, until they flew further into the map.
- Teammates should no longer be sent to separate maps when trying to join each other in Star Cluster missions.
- If Star Cluster "unexplored systems" fail to load, the client will now safely go to the login screen instead of staying unresponsive.
- The fourth shelf on ship interior lounges can now be adjusted.
- Bringing Down the House
- Slight inconsistencies in the dialogue have been fixed.
- Players will no longer be warped to Forcas III at the end of “On the Trail,” which fixes odd behavior after returning to the ship.
- Second Star to the Right
- Players will be sent back to the correct Sector map after completing this episode.
- Prisoners on Rator III should now always be beamable.
- Missions completed on the Klingon, Romulan, or Cardassian fronts before Accolades were implemented are now granted retroactively.
- The Accolade for the Guardian of Forever mission is now granted retroactively.
- The Venture into Deep Space mission can now be completed properly.
- Unique Particles may now stack (even though they were intended to be unique - aka you can only have one). The team is working on addressing particles and ways to use them in game in a future update. Right now they are intended to offer an accolade reward for finding all 10 unique particles.
- Fixed a typo of the word “Auxiliary” on Auxiliary Battery items.
- Klingon, Orion, and Klingon Ancient Trill characters have had their uniform presets updated.
- Male Orion harnesses are now part of the “Armored” category.
- Orion females can now wear pants and loincloths together again.
- Orion female belts have been adjusted to fit Klingon armor.
- A new Ringed Belt has been added for Orion females.
- A new belt with loincloth option has been added for all Klingon Empire females.
- New “Patched” and “Hide” pants options have been added for all Klingon Empire females.
- A new “Gauntlet 03” option has been added for all Klingon Empire males.
- A new “Paneled” uniform has been added for all Klingon Empire characters.
- Nausicaan and Lethean males now have additional body scale presets.
- Several clipping issues have been fixed in Klingon character customization.
- The Vo’Quv trophy now displays correctly in the Ship trophy list.
- A bug has been fixed that prevented the Diplomatic Uniform from unlocking for some players.
- A bug has been fixed that prevented the Diplomatic Uniform from displaying pips on some players.
- Trails behind Fek’Ihri fighters now display correctly.
- Trails now turn back on after cloaking while in Fluidic Space.
- The Sovereign and Galaxy have had their models updated.
- Fleet UI
- The name of your Fleet now displays in the Fleet UI.
- The Fleet UI now shows actual dates instead of Stardates.
- Text in dropdown lists no longer overlap the scrollbar in the Fleet UI.
- The Rank scrollbar no longer overlaps the scrollbar in the Fleet UI.
- The cost for renaming your uniform / outfit now displays correctly.
- The cost for selecting a new bridge in the Ship Editor now properly updates the cost of the change.
- The Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit now displays properly in the Ship Editor.
- The Long Range Science Vessel Retrofit now has templates / presets available in the Ship Editor.
- The “Back” button in the “Request GM Help” UI has been changed to “Cancel.”
- If you click “Refresh” in the “View My Tickets” UI, the ticket will no longer display as No Ticket Selected.
- The “OK” tooltip no longer mysteriously appears if hover your cursor over your currently equipped weapons.
- If you get disconnected while changing between maps, you’ll now get an option to try again or return to the last non-instanced area you visited.
- There are no longer overlapping elements in the Vendor UI when displaying multiple currencies.
- A bug has been fixed which prevented certain items from showing their Rank Restrictions.
- The Private and Mute checkboxes no longer overlap in the Chat Admin UI.
- If a repeatable mission has a long name, it will no longer overlap its cooldown timer.
- Titles in the “Set Title” menu no longer overlap the scrollbar.
- When closing and re-opening the Dabo window, the first slot no longer resets to 0.
- The ship icon properly refreshes when purchasing a ship from the C-Store.
- NPC names now display centered above their heads again.
- The Ship Chooser now opens with your current ship selected, and reverts to your current ship selected after a ship is discharged.
- If you press the "Skills Window" key in space now, the Captain will be selected from the vertical tabs instead of the ship.
- Portraits display correctly again on the Target of Target frame.
- The PvP Queue list has been simplified.
- The new ships no longer have their Hull Health indicator turn sideways when they pass 50%.
- The System List works correctly again in the Map UI.