New ships and weapon Idea's for STO
Federation STuff :
Just run down the forums also for mister sthal this could be intresting !!!
People asking a lot off stuff from STO but should also know this is a lot off work to complete .
I think STO doing there utmost to satesfy all customers, I think they never knew startrek had so many fans .
Ok lets go to buisniss ...
I have a pretty list but I have no saying what so ever people STO decides what go to the game or what to C-Store !!!
Ship's in startrek :
01. Phoenix 11. Oberth Class
02. NX Warp 5 Prototype 12. Akira Class
03. NX 14. Ambassador Class
04. NX-02 Columbia 15. Prometheus Class ( Multi-Vector Assault Mode )
05. Constellation Class 16. Galaxy Class
06. Constitution Class 17. Defiant/Escort Class
07. Constitution Class Refit 18. Intrepid Class
08. Excelsior Class 19. Kelvin Class ( Anti Borg Equipment )
09. Excelsior NX-2000 20. Constitution Class
10. Miranda Class 21. Jellyfish ( Verry secret Prototype )
Weapons for Federation Ships :
2. Varon-T disruptors
4. Pulse cannons
5. Phase cannons
6. Phased polaron cannon
Biological/Radioactive/Chemical weapons :
1. Thalaron radiation
2. Metreon cascade
3. Trilithium resin
4. Cobalt diselenide
Projectile weapons :
1. Chroniton torpedoes
2. Polaron torpedoes
3. Gravimetric torpedoes ( Gravimetric torpedoes are torpedoes used by the Borg. The weapon emits a complex phase variance of gravitons to create a gravimetric distortion capable of tearing starships apart. )
4. Photon torpedoes
5. Plasma torpedo
6. Quantum torpedoes
7. Spatial torpedoes ( Spatial torpedoes are the ship's most powerful and primary ship-to-ship weapon prior to the installation of phase cannons. )
8. Transphasic torpedoes
9. Phased plasma torpedoes
10. Positron torpedoes ( The Kessok are a highly intelligent race that allied themselves with the Cardassians, albeit through deceit, in the video game Star Trek: Bridge Commander. They utilize positron torpedoes: powerful, slow-moving projectiles able to inflict nearly twice as much damage as quantum torpedoes. )
11. Isokinetic Cannon ( The Isokinetic Cannon was seen in only one episode of Star Trek: Voyager, "Retrospect". Voyager met with a weapons trader and designer known as Kovin. It destroyed a target buoy composed of solid 10m thick monotanium with a chromoelectric forcefield in one shot, coring it cleanly through. Unfortunately, Kovin was killed prior to the installation of the weapon. Though the weapon was never known to have been removed from Voyager, it was never seen in use nor referred to again. It is presumed that without Kovin's help, it could not be integrated into Voyager's defensive array and was either stored or removed. )
Subspace weapons :
1. Isolytic burst ( Son'a vessels carried and used isolytic burst weapons, a type of subspace weapon. They were seen using this weapon against the Enterprise-E in Star Trek: Insurrection. The Enterprise was only able to escape the weapon's effect by ejecting its warp core and detonating it to seal a subspace rift. )
2. Tricobalt devices ( The tricobalt warhead is a subspace weapon whose high-yield detonations can tear holes in subspace. Tricobalt devices are not a standard armament of Federation vessels and yields are calculated in Tera-Cochranes, indicating that its mechanism is somewhat similar to the general reaction in a warp field.
USS Voyager uses a pair of tricobalt devices to destroy the Caretaker array in the Star Trek: Voyager pilot episode, "Caretaker" and was also used against Voyager in the episode "Blink of an Eye". A tricobalt warhead was also used by the Tholians in the Star Trek: Enterprise episode "In a Mirror, Darkly". They detonated a tricobalt warhead inside the gravity well of a dead star. The explosion created an interphasic rift, which they used to lure the Federation starship USS Defiant from another Universe.
The games Star Trek Armada and Star Trek Armada II have ships armed with Tricobalt devices for artillery support. The Federation Steamrunner class, the Klingon Chuq'Beh-class Bird of Prey, the Romulan Raptor class Warbird, and the Borg Harbinger are all capable of using them. The workings of the weapon is unknown but theorised is the use of Cobalt-60. )
Ok some items i described as good as posible to spare STO developers some time .
But this should be in the game most of it is but I'm missing lots off weapons in the game that could make an difference for all federation personal .
Other weapons :
1. Magnetometric guided charges ( Around Stardate 43995, the Borg used this weapon to drive the USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-D, from the Paulson Nebula. This shortly leads to the abduction of Captain Jean Luc Picard. )
2. Multikinetic neutronic mines ( During Season 4, Episode 1 of Star Trek: Voyager, Captain Janeway consults with Borg representative Seven of Nine on how to destroy Species 8472. Janeway calls Seven of Nine's "multikinetic neutronic mine" a "weapon of mass destruction," following up on a statement from Tuvok that it would affect an entire starsystem, destroying innocent worlds. The mine's five-million isoton yield can disperse Borg nanoprobes across a five-light year range. )
3. Dreadnought ( Dreadnought was a Cardassian self-guided missile, containing one thousand kilograms of matter, and another thousand of antimatter. Tuvok describes this as enough to destroy a small moon. Although described as a self-guided missile, in practice Dreadnought functions much like an autonomous starship, and it even had life support capability onboard. It possesses shields, phasers, a complement of quantum torpedoes, a Thoron shock emitter, a plasma wave weapon, engines capable of reaching at least Warp 9, and a sophisticated computer AI. It appears in the Voyager episode of the same name. It had been captured by the Maquis and reprogrammed to attack its original creators. It was dragged into the Delta Quadrant in much the same manner as Voyager, and when unable to resolve the unforeseen situation it locked on to a similar planet inhabited by innocents. )
Ok that's the list so far hope we will see some off this stuff back in STO maybe in C-store or maybe ingame who knows if you have an comment on my writing please do so but keep in mind I'am from Europe so there could be some spell errors in the languance . So fly safe and keep your heads cool Tyron out
I am not sure what the entire point of you post is, but I'd like to point out a few things that might interest you:
The Federation would not use certain weapons out of policy and for reasons of morality and treaties.
For example take a look at the Varon-T Disruptor:
The same goes for biological and subspace weapons.
And a little something out of curiousity:
Why would you make weapons Federation only?
As for some of the weapons you list like Lasers and Phase Cannons:
Those weapons would be horribly outdated an possibply next to useless.
For exaple in the episode "The Outrageous Okona" of The Next Generation
it is clearly established that Laser weapons cannot even penetrate the navigational shields
of a Galaxy Class vessel and that a ship armed with such weapons could shoot "for hours"
without doing any damage.
Since the Phase weapons we've seen in human (which is not the same as the Federation) ships had been replaced with Lasers
in the 23rd century (in the Original Pilot episode of the Oringinal Series "The Cage") it would seem they are even more useless especially in a time that lies beyond any of the Tv shows.
As for the theory about the use of cobalt 60 in a tricobalt device is terribly rubbish in my opinion.
A "cobalt bomb", or "salted bomb" as they are also called is nothing more that a normal nuclear weapon that has cobalt added to it, which turns into cobalt 60 when it is bombarded with neutron radiation.
Cobalt in a nuclear device does NOT increase the yield.
Instead it is spread over an area and kills organic material since it emits gamma radiation when it breaks down
It is a weapon that increases radioactive fallout to kill more people.
In space combat it would be nothing more than a nuclear explosive with a large "kaboom" and some added gamma rays that in the world of Star Trek would be absorbed of deflected by the ship's shields and of course the radiation shielding of the ship itself.
I do not know where all you material and ideas come from, but maybe you'd like to take the time and read up on a bit of it since not all of it makes that much sense.:)
The link to "Memory Alpha" is a good place to start reading alittle bit about some of the aspects of Star Trek and what may work and what may not.
Also take a look here:
This is one of the most complete and carefully created list of Star Trek ships that I know.
It also refrains from speculations and theories like DITL does, where you have to pay close attention to which colours the letters have to see which part of the article is based in Star Trek and which part is entirely the author's fiction.
As for material from other games:
One game company cannot use the materials from another game company due to licensing problems.
I've said it so often that I am thinking about making it into a signature by now.
Stuff developed by Interplay, Activision, FASA, Amarillo Design Bureau etc. for their Star Trek games cannot be used in Star Trek Online.
Thats also true but not completly .
If they want they can make it better speaking off laser devices .
And speaking off licence if they realy want they can buy licence to use and otherwise they can change the name a little or change the design it happens all the time .
So don't start on me with licence and about old stuff there is an sience devision that can update the stuff .
Update on federation ships
I tink ferderation ships sould have more power because they don't use cloak not all of them anny way .
But would be nice if they made parts for klings that a fed can't buy for use and devices for fed ships that klings can't buy i think that way they should ballance the game more !
And also wit weapons ballance it into groups specific . Fed uses that , klings uses that and cardesians and romuleans usses that .
I think that would ballance the game a bit better also for PVP players !!!
To this whole thread: Just no. Yikes. :eek:
i have an idea, forget voyager ever happened and forget the dominion ever happened just use ships and races from roddenberys trek,trust me there is more then enough content and then we would have massis of adult players instead of masses of 12-17 year olds who will ditch this for star wars soon enough ; )
In Insurrection, Worf used a rocket launcher thing didnt he?
That would be interesting to see in the game. As for the list of stuff, yeah seriously that stuff is not going to happen.
How about the Sovreign class and the Nebula ?
Blast it, another necro-thread.:rolleyes:
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:13 PM.|