Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Rogue Klingon: Go anywhere. Id pay 500$ (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=173472)

Archived Post 08-05-2010 11:13 AM

Rogue Klingon: Go anywhere. Id pay 500$

Hey cryptic want some easy cash? Why not let klingon players break off from the empire at the risk of permanent death, and be able to go anywhere do anything fight anyone anytime. Id pay 500$ for this (1000000 cryptic points)

Archived Post 08-05-2010 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmoeJoe
Hey cryptic want some easy cash? Why not let klingon players break off from the empire at the risk of permanent death, and be able to go anywhere do anything fight anyone anytime. Id pay 500$ for this (1000000 cryptic points)

That's a lot of scratch for permadeath!

Archived Post 08-05-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmoeJoe

that bored huh?

Sorry as a original former member of the K.A.A.O.S . guild back in its inception in the 80's, asking for that, yeah perma death.

Archived Post 08-05-2010 02:53 PM

Perman death is a bad idea in a mmo, just takes someone to have a bad day and grief you. boom, make a new char.
Not fun at all.

Archived Post 08-06-2010 10:42 PM

Perma-death huh? Sure, why not, it worked in SW:Galaxies! :eek: :D :confused:

Archived Post 08-07-2010 01:30 AM

Rouge Class

This could be cool. One that could do both sides. Star Trek has had its share of people how gray and work both sides of the street. Could mean a ton of work. People have been asking for a Rouge/Merchant class but Kingons then Romulans. Once they are done hell yes

Archived Post 08-07-2010 02:39 AM

I don't like the idea of Klingons being able to fight anyone at any time - nobody should be forced into PvP if they don't want it - but Klingons should be allowed past their borders a little more, maybe be able to attack some Federation systems or something. I don't roll Klingon but I'd like to see them around.

Archived Post 08-07-2010 03:45 AM

I wouldn't mind this being added in. I think of it this way, how many people would be willing to pay $500 just to have a klink that can go and fight anywhere? and then i remind myself of how pvp goes when it's 1 klink vs 10 feddies. Honestly i don't think it'd be as awesome as the OP would hope.

Archived Post 08-07-2010 03:58 AM

Good god people, don't get them any ideas, you know the marketing department is populated by Ferengi.

Archived Post 08-08-2010 11:19 PM

"I don't like the idea of Klingons being able to fight anyone at any time - nobody should be forced into PvP if they don't want it "

Erm...you really don't play many online games I take it.... The reality is its not the 'omg!! everyones going to get slaughtered a hundred times if they leave spacedock!!!' that you are likely thinking. Even the most hardcore pvp games, like Meridian59 (which has completely unrestricted pvp) don't function like that. Will you get attacked? yes, occasionally. But the fact is it only means you would have to learn to use your head and to protect yourself. It would also encourage players forming fleets and pave the way for possible future expansions of pvp content. That aside what do you really care if you are 'forced into pvp' in a game that has literally no penalty for death? Just curious is all.