Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Dabo is an excellent way to pass time while waiting on the PvP que. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=174101)

Archived Post 08-08-2010 07:49 AM

Dabo is an excellent way to pass time while waiting on the PvP que.

I had a fleetmate mention that they found Dabo an excellent way to pass the time while waiting on the PvP ques to start up (or settle down depending on your point of view) and upon hearing this we all invisioned a Dabo table surrounded by excited, drunk Klingons in Tux's drinking dry martini's like one would in Monte Carlo.

It made for an amusing mental picture, but I believe it has a flaw in it. Klingons don't seem like the tuxedo type to me given thier boisteriuos attitudes fro drinking, fighting and over-all carrousing ways. Would it be possible to get Toga costume pieces for the Klingons to truelly fit the wild and wooly ways of partying. It makes for amuch more believable mental picture to see klingons in Toga's, guzzling bloodwine and eating foods with thier hands - think ANIMAL HOUSE but with ridges and disruptors.

If we could get Toga's then it would only follow that while we are having a high-time waiting on the PvP ques that we would want to keep track of those who already made it into a match, guage thier progress so to speak. This why I think we need a Leader Board on the wall next to the Dabo table.

Anyways Dabo is alot of fun and a great way to pass the time, though the rewards are a little of a letdown since they are so quick to be used up.

Archived Post 08-08-2010 08:34 AM

personly i wish that they would lower the requirements for holo emitters, that way one could use them for fun and come back and play to get new once, since the time they last are'nt very long.

Archived Post 08-08-2010 08:46 AM

I wish they would lower her voice. Way too load. I have to leave the area so I can think.

Archived Post 08-08-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-child (Post 2931143)
personly i wish that they would lower the requirements for holo emitters, that way one could use them for fun and come back and play to get new once, since the time they last are'nt very long.

How about a trading in credit. You can trade you holo emitters back to the dealer and get an trade in value like you would a car.

Archived Post 08-08-2010 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Knight
How about a trading in credit. You can trade you holo emitters back to the dealer and get an trade in value like you would a car.

The emitters are consumables, once you use one itīs gone. :)

Archived Post 08-08-2010 09:05 AM

Needs more stuff

Needs stuff you can only buy wining the game. Part of the game is he how dies with the most toys wins. So were are the toys?

Archived Post 08-08-2010 03:10 PM

oh yea, I can be found at DS9 while waiting :)

Archived Post 08-08-2010 04:00 PM

There still isnt a D'deridex holo emitter! why!!

Archived Post 08-08-2010 04:08 PM

Id actually play Dabo if the woman wasn't so annoying and if the prizes to be earnt were worth the money. Im not interested in turning my ship into a whale for a few seconds...

Give me trophies, costumes or anything but the current hologram things are just garbage...

Archived Post 08-11-2010 05:59 AM

Woah, now. Those holo-emitters are one time only consumable? Why do they start at 20,000 gpl? That's way overpriced!