Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Tier 5 Constitution -- (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=174226)

Archived Post 08-08-2010 09:20 PM

Tier 5 Constitution -- ??

Hello all -

I wanted to wack this drum once more, If not to just test the waters.

Firstly, let me say THANK YOU to Cryptic, for giving us the power to upgrade T4 ships to T5! That is totally awesome, and has made just about every one of us super-excited. Thank you x 5000000!!!

I am also really hoping to see my favorite ship models, especially the Contitution, usable in endgame; that would be the ultimate dream come true. (an I.S.S. prefix wouldn't be so bad either..... :)

Anywho, thoughts ---

GO

Archived Post 08-08-2010 11:03 PM

I agree with you that ships that you fly earlier inthe game should avable later inthe game,
It would be easy they are like paper dolls you can add what ever you wnat to them right.
why not make the ships where all ranks can use them , as you rank up your ship will come along with you.
this way i see it if your tac officer your ship would tactical ship if you choose a cruiser it would be tactical cruiser and would be bale to grow with you as you rank up

Archived Post 08-09-2010 12:13 AM

I'd love to see the Constitution refit as a Tier 5 refit class.

Archived Post 08-09-2010 12:32 AM

Yeeees

I would love to fly around with my constitution class ship and just whoop @$$....the constitution has to be without a doubt my favorite ship (alongside the sovereign). We will have to wait and see I guess....

Archived Post 08-09-2010 03:30 AM

Yeah, I would also like to refit the WW1 Renault FT17 tank from the museum with modern electronics and send it to Iraq. Somehow I can not imagie how long it would last...

Archived Post 08-09-2010 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vulcan.Skon (Post 2932739)
I'd love to see the Constitution refit as a Tier 5 refit class.

I'd like to see that too, and see all the people it would totally **** off. Having a Connie as a T5 ship seems to make some of the players angry just thinking about it. There are other posts talking about the possibility.

Archived Post 08-09-2010 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adml_shake (Post 2933396)
I'd like to see that too, and see all the people it would totally **** off. Having a Connie as a T5 ship seems to make some of the players angry just thinking about it. There are other posts talking about the possibility.

Not sure why they get so angry - I think they're just missing some imagination. We are talking about fantasy here, and using technical reasons why similar refits may be implausible is simply adding boundaries when you don't need them. The Nova-class is supposed to be cutting edge, but is grouped with a 150 year old ship. The Akira-class is grouped with a Dadalus refit, which was a ship from virtually the post-Enterprise era. I'd like to think that a "maxed-out" Constitution can match the Intrepid-class.....

But hey, I can always just hack Star Trek Legacy....

Archived Post 08-09-2010 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ISS Voyager
Not sure why they get so angry - I think they're just missing some imagination. We are talking about fantasy here, and using technical reasons why similar refits may be implausible is simply adding boundaries when you don't need them. The Nova-class is supposed to be cutting edge, but is grouped with a 150 year old ship. The Akira-class is grouped with a Dadalus refit, which was a ship from virtually the post-Enterprise era. I'd like to think that a "maxed-out" Constitution can match the Intrepid-class.....

But hey, I can always just hack Star Trek Legacy....

Well if you want a fantasy, you should go play a fantasy game. Where in the words science fiction is the fantasy? Most people playing these games are tech people inclining to either science (me) or fiction. I really do not see logical reason to refit 100 or 150 old ships. For the price of the refit, you can build a brand new ship. Take a look at my post about that tank. Or imagine someone fitting a guided missiles to a WW1 biplane. Sure, it may work, but who would fly such a suicide machine?
Good you mentioned Legacy (one of the worst Trek games ever, but nevermind). Here you can keep NX class till TNG era, sure. But the ship is then destroyed by a single hit from the emeny.

Archived Post 08-09-2010 11:39 PM

I think only a Constitution piloted by Kirk could make it to tier 5, it'd be up there, but its hull design and design would probably hold it back.
Unless some Admiral had a design team specifically upgrade it to be his pimp boat.

Archived Post 08-10-2010 02:33 AM

I think a tier 5 connie doesn't work just because of size, with cruisers hit points come from mass and the connie just doesn't have it. A lot of people think the connie shouldn't even be in the game because it is to old. I disagree and think every ship we've ever seen in any star trek show should make it in to the game eventually. The B-52s flying today are all 60 years old and expected to keep flying for another 10 years. If we can keep a bomber flying for 70 years today, I would think we would beable to keep a space ship flying for a lot longer in 400 years. Plus with the federation being attacked on all sides it makes sense that they would pull some of those ships out of the moth ball fleet and get them re armed. As far as refits go I think there should be a limit, like 1 or 2 tiers from base to how far they can be upgraded.