Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   I'm disappointed in the formal wear... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=175086)

Archived Post 08-12-2010 06:38 PM

I'm disappointed in the formal wear...

Not nearly enough options. One pair of pants? No option to remove the vest on the male? One pair of female shoes? Only one necklace, bracelet, and wristlet option for females? No hat options (fedora?) for the men?

Any chance of some additions being made down the road without needing to buy another pack? I like what you've got so far, but there's not nearly enough options.

Archived Post 08-12-2010 09:29 PM

The formal wear doesn't look particularly good....

I was looking forward to the formal wear. However, having seen the pictures, they seem rather uninspired. The men's formal wear looks rather like a 21st century business suit. The women's outfits look ok but look like they have that damned starfleet emblem at the waist. If it were a formal uniform I could see that, but its just formal wear for any occasion, so why the starfleet emblem? And if we can't really customize the formal wear, well, that is just icing on a turd cake.:D Love ya cryptic, but won't be buying the formal wear. Not unless you make a better set. At least this way i will still be able to afford the mercs outfits. ;)

Edit: Just thought i would add that the price is just fine, I love the C- Store. Just not fond of the clothes. :D

Edit again: Welll, I was wrong. :o The ladies clothes don't have a starfleet emblem. It looked like it in the pic but having looked at the costumes at the tailor they are ok. So I might just buy them for one of my toons. By might I mean probably. Still, bring on more formal wear Cryptic. OOoooOOoo and swimwear. Risa is calling............

Archived Post 08-12-2010 09:54 PM

Same here. I was under the impression that this would be starfleet dress uniforms which is what I was looking forward to.

Cryptic I am dissapoint

Archived Post 08-12-2010 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor63549
Same here. I was under the impression that this would be starfleet dress uniforms which is what I was looking forward to.

Cryptic I am dissapoint

Ah, you were under the impression that the Starfleet dress uniform would be a formal wear? Wow, what could have given you that idea? It's a dress Uniform!

Besides, that white dress uniform IS in game, as a reward for gaining the Ambassador Rank in the Federation Diplomatic Corps.

EDIT: I find that the outfit's selection is correct, for the price (280 CP, that's like 3$ after all...)

Archived Post 08-14-2010 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ****tor (Post 2944984)
(280 CP, that's like 3$ after all...)

$3.50 USD to be exact.

Archived Post 08-15-2010 09:23 AM

Yeah, $3.50 for so few options is terribly over-priced. In my opinion, the current formal wear options are only worth about $1 to $1.50. If you want them to be worth the $3.50, add an actual range of selection to them. Like, for the male formal wear an option to take the jacket off even would be a good start.

Archived Post 08-15-2010 10:47 AM

The Formal wear is pathetic and irrelevant, why did they bring out this useless addition i do not know.

Archived Post 08-16-2010 02:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkExcalibur
...Like, for the male formal wear an option to take the jacket off even would be a good start.

oooh yes! that's pretty much the only option i want (though all the others would be welcome too)

Archived Post 08-16-2010 10:19 AM

I think its a step in the right direction. But ya those shoes on the female model look almost exactly like the ribbon shoe things in champions and those are ugly too. The dresses seem more like some kinda prom dress then elegant for a night on the town. The male suits are ok you should be able to take some parts on and off though. Id really like to see more outlandish outfits that are interchangeable in the future. So you can mix a pirate and chief suit or something along those lines.

Archived Post 08-17-2010 03:22 AM

I got it thinking I could put formal wear on some of my crew, they wont even wear it. :eek: