Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   This may not mean much to you but... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=176636)

Archived Post 08-21-2010 10:02 PM

This may not mean much to you but...

I got a KvK earlier. Who woulda thunk it? Extra points for the new queues.

Archived Post 08-21-2010 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BobTheYak
I got a KvK earlier. Who woulda thunk it? Extra points for the new queues.

Yer that was pretty surprising indeed!

Archived Post 08-21-2010 10:25 PM

Impossible! It has been foretold that a genuine KVK match popping would be the coming of the apocalypse!

Bleh. People forget the slow queues don't work well because the faster queues kick you out of all the other queues when you enter the match. That is the primary reason KVK died, because you can't stay in the queue before the FVK queues pop.

But with the way the queues have been slimmed down, it does help that situation.

Archived Post 08-21-2010 11:01 PM

Even before the patch I got a bunch of KVK at tier 2 and tier 3. I'm not sure why there's none of it at higher tiers.

Archived Post 08-22-2010 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxrocks
Impossible! It has been foretold that a genuine KVK match popping would be the coming of the apocalypse!

Well, 2012 is not that far away.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DeadlyShoe
Even before the patch I got a bunch of KVK at tier 2 and tier 3. I'm not sure why there's none of it at higher tiers.

Maybe due to bad experiences, or simply more FvK opportunities the higher you get?

Archived Post 08-22-2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Foxrocks

Bleh. People forget the slow queues don't work well because the faster queues kick you out of all the other queues when you enter the match. That is the primary reason KVK died, because you can't stay in the queue before the FVK queues pop.

But with the way the queues have been slimmed down, it does help that situation.

Eh, I'd say the primary reason KvK died is that spending 20 minutes waiting for someone to decloak so the fight can start is boring as crap. At T5 it wouldn't be so awful because everyone could dogpile on the carriers, but that's assuming no one got sick of trying to do it in earlier tiers.

Archived Post 08-22-2010 03:31 PM

Bah, I was queued up for KvK for a good long while but it never even offered a match up. D:<

I think this concern about cloak v cloak PvP failing because neither side wants to decloak is pretty weak. It might happen from time to time but people who are there to play won't let that be an issue.

Archived Post 08-22-2010 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteveHale (Post 2971041)
Bah, I was queued up for KvK for a good long while but it never even offered a match up. D:<

I think this concern about cloak v cloak PvP failing because neither side wants to decloak is pretty weak. It might happen from time to time but people who are there to play won't let that be an issue.

I don't mind decloaking as bait with my finger hovering over the RSP and evasive maneuvers buttons hehe.

Archived Post 08-22-2010 07:51 PM

I haven't down a KvK in months.

I steered away from it because everyone was always cloaked the lower tiers.

T5 you are likely to see at least one Carrier on either side.

Archived Post 08-22-2010 08:05 PM

I always ran around decloaked in KVK, in mah ktanco. At t2 you dont actually need RSP to live through a focus fire, even with a Science.