Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   No new stuff into Cstore in times when the game has problems (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=176810)

Archived Post 08-23-2010 02:06 AM

No new stuff into Cstore in times when the game has problems
 
With season 3 or any major update please DON''T put any in Cstore .
Or when there are major bugs or problems in the game .

Cstore is not bad in my view but it also brings much havoc when the game is has problems and at the same time stuff hits the Cstore .

It angers very much if a dev is working on Cstore fluff when there is trouble in the game.
Or maybe a short explanation about how the team works could solve a lot of gossip :cool:

A little empathy could stop a lot of hatred gossip and more .
And yes it works both ways ;)

Archived Post 08-23-2010 02:10 AM

No c-store during game problems ? Lol, then there would be no c-store in the first place. ;)

Archived Post 08-23-2010 03:14 AM

But if they don't keep putting stuff in the C-Store, how will they empty the pockets of the 30 day game hopping locusts before they cancel ?:rolleyes:

Archived Post 08-23-2010 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starshocker
... It angers very much if a dev is working on Cstore fluff when there is trouble in the game.
Or maybe a short explanation about how the team works could solve a lot of gossip :cool:

A little empathy could stop a lot of hatred gossip and more .
And yes it works both ways ;)

But why??? The Dev's have stated in the past that the people who work on the C-Store stuff is an entirely different team then the group that work on the episodes and the game engine... Do you just want them to sit on their hands and be a drain on Cryptic resources???

Archived Post 08-24-2010 07:20 AM

For some reason people think the guy who is making uniforms can fix bugs in a part of the game he doesn't work on.

Archived Post 08-24-2010 01:47 PM

As has been said before on a few other threads here, employees not qualified to code could test the client instead of their primary function during 'Season 3: The Great Bug Hunt'.

Archived Post 08-25-2010 08:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 (Post 2971964)
But if they don't keep putting stuff in the C-Store, how will they empty the pockets of the 30 day game hopping locusts before they cancel ?:rolleyes:

Lets start with those 30 day game hopping loctust:

Ever stop to think that maybe they cancel because they see all the loot in the C-store?

If I were a new subscriber, I'd cancel too. There are how many MMO's out there with 10 times better loot tables and options than STO does. Froma customer service perspective I wouldn't stick around either.

Archived Post 08-25-2010 11:06 PM

If I were a new monthly subscriber at this point, I would probably only stay 30-60 days.

Archived Post 08-26-2010 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 (Post 2976902)
As has been said before on a few other threads here, employees not qualified to code could test the client instead of their primary function during 'Season 3: The Great Bug Hunt'.

Yeah good idea, pay some one a 60k salary to play test. Play testers make on average 9 bucks an hour.

Archived Post 08-26-2010 10:31 AM

They hire more devs to work in C-store. They don't pluck dev's away from their current projects. Also a dev is specialized in one thing or another. For example one dev can make a nice ship model because that is what he's good at, while another dev can program the bugs out of the game. Those are two different things. Why do people always think a dev is a dev? A charcoal mineworker and a construction worker are both labourers. Does that mean that the mineworker can build a house? No. Is the construction worker trained to work in a charcoal mine? No. But they're both called labourers in a way.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:53 AM.