Suggestions for Ship Interior Functionality and Accolade Display
The following post contains suggestions for the improvement of Federation starship interiors and the accolade system. I realise these points may have been raised elsewhere, and that there already exist many game improvement threads, but I think it's important to raise them nonetheless. All of these suggestions add functionality to otherwise nice-looking but useless environments.
1. Add trophy cabinets to the living room. There's easily enough room.
2. Add wardrobe/tailor function to the bedroom.
1. Include a functional Chief Medical Officer who can heal injuries. DO NOT throw in the EMH because of any high profile links associated with it. It is an emergency tool only and should be kept in reserve as such.
1. Add the ability to navigate sector space via the system list from the bridge, ready room, or anywhere else inside the ship. I realise this would entail having sector space and the ship interior running at the same time, but since we're already in a solo instance inside the ship, I can't see that it would take much more power to run a solo instance of sector space minus all it's graphics and effects outside.
1. The warp cores are currently modelled as a flat cylinder and textured with a bump map to create the ridges. I suggest modelling them properly using geometry. I will gladly model this for you in .3DS or any of a number of other formats if you provide me with the dimensions.
2. Create some kind of cover around the junction between the warp core and the side wall on the upper floor. Again, I can do this for you if you provide me the warp core dimensions.
When beaming aboard your own or another player's ship, transport location should default to the transporter room. I suggest giving two options for beaming yourself or visitors to your ship:
1. Standard invite/Beam to transporter room: Beams captains, visitors to the transporter room. A small on-screen message appears to inform the captain when his guest arrives. (Possible methods of gathering the needed XYZ co-ordinates to spawn on the transporter pad is a post in itself)
2. Bridge invite/Beam to bridge: Beams captains or visitors directly to the bridge, as did occasionally happen in the series, but it certainly wasn't the norm.
3. Ability to change standard crew uniform so the crew matches outfits chosen by the player for Bridge Officers. Nothing too complex, just the ability pick from a selection of tops and bottoms, and the colour variant is set however it is now.
Accolade Display On Dress Uniforms
As well as the above improvements to ship interiors, I propose the following, purely cosmetic improvement to the uniform system:
The ability to add earned accolade ribbons to the chest of uniform uppers, as an optional drop-down menu to certain dress uniform jackets. Accolades are meant to be shown off, aren't they?
If it's too impractical to have each individual accolade pinned to your chest then maybe some generic clusters based on how many accolade points a person has, ranging from small to medium to large to gargantuan groups of ribbons. The first one would of course be the Welcome to ST:O ribbon, which everyone gets to start with, and then the cluster can increase in size every so many accolade points.
Sorry for all the links but for some reason the forum isn't letting me upload these images, so I'm hosting them on my blog instead. If you check them out you'll see examples of how the accolade ribbon display could advance with points. Notice how the veteran and diplomatic medals increase is number/pips as the player's veteran status and diplomatic rank rise.
Image settings: 69x103 with Alpha Channel. Obviously they would need some touching up if they got put in game but for now you get the idea.
Note that these images were screendumped at 1280x800 resolution. If there's any interest I'll up them to 1680x1050 for max. crispness :)
Each image opens in a new tab/window so just close whatever opens to return to this post.
Not sure what to add, but i agree with this.
Good Ideas.. I like all of them.
Have the chief medical officer option be one of your BO's and if theyre all injured, THEN have the EMH activate that way you still get the EMH in the game in the way its supposed to be, ie when the rest of the medical staff is out of comission :)
Have injured officers be on beds in sick bay rather than on the bridge.
Similarly to this have the option to repair ship injuries by speaking to your chief engineer in engineering.
In reply to Axsys, the simple solution there is to have it so that the starbase repair options are much cheaper like the way you get better value selling stuff on stations than using the replicator to recycle items (personally I think that difference needs exagerating further as at present the small loss in value isnt large enough to make me not just use the replicator every time). Also have it so that you can only buy consumable field repair/medic items from them and not the vendors on your ship, that way you DO still need to put into port sometimes or if your heavily damaged and dont want to spend a small fortune in doing repairs.
Great Ideas! i have some BOs that does not appear on the bridge so it will be nice to see them walking around the other parts of the ship. AS for the Chief medical officer and engineer idea i think will will problably work if they only can cure up to major injuries and damage and for critical injuries and damage you will need to go back to port.
I would also like to be able to pick the theme for the interiors and not just the layout if possible. also i find it weird that there are times when i walk into the engine room and its filled with tactical redshirts lol. It might be a good idea to set certain rooms with certain types of redshirts don't you guys think so?:D
Great ideas, I would like to see them implemented.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:28 PM.|