Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Extremely Disappointed in Cryptic right now (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=177452)

Archived Post 08-26-2010 01:48 PM

Extremely Disappointed in Cryptic right now

Cryptic, you said you wouldn't put any game changing things in the C-Store and the T5 Excelsior is already doing just that. It's easily dominating in PvP.

And at the same time, you completely made a mockery of the Sovereign and all the players who Captain her.

Archived Post 08-26-2010 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azurian (Post 2983923)
Cryptic, you said you wouldn't put any game changing things in the C-Store and the T5 Excelsior is already doing just that. It's easily dominating in PvP.

And at the same time, you completely made a mockery of the Sovereign and all the players who Captain her.

While I'm no where near being VA, I hope what you say isn't true.

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~InfoNinja

Archived Post 08-26-2010 02:00 PM

Ignore anything Cryptic lies to us about in the C-Store. It is there solely to create a place to sell the best ships they design now. Best we can do about the T5 Excelsior being a bit over-powered is refuse to PvP against them I guess?

Archived Post 08-26-2010 02:01 PM

Quote:

Cryptic, you said you wouldn't put any game changing things in the C-Store

they allready paddled back on that statement and claimed that the Galaxy-X will not be the only ship with these skills. *ahem* these KIND OF skills. Of course it is still a unique game mechanic and all but if 3 other ships do something LIKE IT.... then it is nothing "game changing".

The Excelsior also is not the only "Retrofit". there are more allready and there will be more... C-Store only of course.

So from the very start that all was a load of Bullsh...it

welcome to "Pay double 2 Play"...

if this keeps up i seriously have to think about resubbing after my one year sub runs out.

Archived Post 08-26-2010 02:11 PM

I'll be honest, right now I'm regretting being a Lifetime Subscriber. But it angers me more is the Excelsior Refit completely makes my Sovereign a completely useless PoS.

Bad enough the Star Cruiser and the Galaxy-R has more survivability, but the Excelsior-Refit has superior Tactical abilities, better manuverability, and better survival.

So all in all, Sovereign Captains got the middle finger. :mad:

Archived Post 08-26-2010 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azurian (Post 2984017)
I'll be honest, right now I'm regretting being a Lifetime Subscriber. But it angers me more is the Excelsior Refit completely makes my Sovereign a completely useless PoS.

Bad enough the Star Cruiser and the Galaxy-R has more survivability, but the Excelsior-Refit has superior Tactical abilities, better manuverability, and better survival.

So all in all, Sovereign Captains got the middle finger. :mad:

In my opinion the Sov should have the excelsior's stats, and the Excelsior should have the Sov's stats. That would be more fitting given the fact that it is the Assault Cruiser.

Archived Post 08-26-2010 02:16 PM

I've had a change of opinion on the whole Galaxy-X thing.

It was, actually, a pretty cool thing for Cryptic to do. The Galaxy-X was introduced as a referall / subscription stimulus program. Trekbois + baubles = feeding frenzy so there were people who actually went out and purchased 5 more copies ofthe game and signed up for 5 more subs jsut to have Riker's spiffy future Enterprise.

The 2000 CP version on the C-Store could be viewed as Cryptic's way of saying "stop the madness, here's a cheaper way to get it."

Or they could have just waited till the intial sales rush of retail boxes died out and said, "ch-ching phase 2 put it on the C-Store now."

Meh, whatever . . . this whole C-Store situation is a complete fiasco.

Archived Post 08-26-2010 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodi-emish
In my opinion the Sov should have the excelsior's stats, and the Excelsior should have the Sov's stats. That would be more fitting given the fact that it is the Assault Cruiser.

The problem is ... the ship with the better stats is the one sold for RL dollars on the C-Store.

:(

Archived Post 08-26-2010 02:17 PM

Quote:

Are you a Klingon?

If you are, I have been in several PVP battles with you guys and you have been stripping us down like crazy.

It's fair IMHO.

Archived Post 08-26-2010 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkOrion69 (Post 2983970)
Ignore anything Cryptic lies to us about in the C-Store. It is there solely to create a place to sell the best ships they design now. Best we can do about the T5 Excelsior being a bit over-powered is refuse to PvP against them I guess?

Is there PVP in this game ? I hadn't noticed.....:p