Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   TOS Ships (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=177830)

Archived Post 08-28-2010 04:36 AM

TOS Ships

Were are they? I want my D-7 TV version and movie version. For you kids there was a TOS Dreadnought. Were is the retro refit of that? Even the TOS TV Enterprise? Ok the TOS refit is coming but want the old TV version. Get real your most highest price skin is T1 ship. That should tell you something. The game is fast running out of TNG era ship and are one the ones that were in the show for like less the 60 seconds.

Archived Post 08-28-2010 08:29 AM

Okay a few thngs here:
1- The TOS Constitution Class is already in the C-Store if you bothered checking. It shouldn't be anywhere above T1 because it is almost 200 years old by this point.
2- There are PLENTY of TNG era ships left, Springfield, the proper Steamrunner and Norway, Ambassador, Challenger, Curry, Freedom, New Orleans, Niagra and Yeager.
3- Also plenty of TMP era ships not used, Soyuz, Akula, Constellation and Oberth.

Archived Post 08-28-2010 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tai_Juin
Okay a few thngs here:
1- The TOS Constitution Class is already in the C-Store if you bothered checking. It shouldn't be anywhere above T1 because it is almost 200 years old by this point.

Uh ... hate to mention this, but, the last engineering report listed that a TOS Enterprise Refit was being made ready to come to the game (probably via C-Store).

Archived Post 08-28-2010 10:57 AM

T1 Ship LOL

1 - I want an T5 retro refit with cloak of the TOS Enterprise. you did not ready very well I noted the T1 Enterprise in my post.

2 - Other then then Ambassador they perfect examples of the point I was making. If you did not know were to look for them you missed them. Bink and you missed them. That was my hole ponit abut the TNG ships left.

3 - Soyuz and Miranda-class star ship are same ship. When it was sold at auction it still had the USS Bozeman NCC-1941 name of it. Both the Constellation and Oberth class were launched in Kirks timeline.
Even the Akula class frigate was launched in Kirks timeline.

You seem to be making my point for me. Even the Ambassador class dos not come from the TNG timeline. They fast running out ship that can be IDed at a glance.

Archived Post 08-28-2010 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeves
1 - I want an T5 retro refit with cloak of the TOS Enterprise. you did not ready very well I noted the T1 Enterprise in my post.

Uh ... they're working on a TOS Enterprise Refit.

Quote:

Both the Constellation and Oberth class were launched in Kirks timeline.
Even the Akula class frigate was launched in Kirks timeline.
Oberth yes. Constellation ... not really. It's from the gap between ST:VI and TNG.

Archived Post 08-28-2010 11:11 AM

TOS Refort Refit

Quote:

Originally Posted by superchum (Post 2990668)
Uh ... hate to mention this, but, the last engineering report listed that a TOS Enterprise Refit was being made ready to come to the game (probably via C-Store).

Did not ask for the movie version but the one from the TV show and posted that. As for old ship the D-7 in timeline was new in Star Trek: ENT and was still used in Star Trek: DS9 that's a 300 year gap.

Archived Post 08-28-2010 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeves
Did not ask for the movie version but the one from the TV show and posted that.

Like I said ... the engineering report states that a TOS ENTERPRISE REFIT is being worked on.

Not a constitution class refit (the Movie ship) ... but a TOS (THE ORIGINAL SERIES) ENTERPRISE (Kirk's ship from the TV show with Kirk) ... REFIT (meaning it can be used a higher tier, probably T5).

The exact thing you're asking for ... is listed in the latest engineering report.

And just so we're absolutely clear ...

THIS SHIP ... a Refit of THIS SHIP!

Archived Post 08-28-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by superchum (Post 2990759)
Like I said ... the engineering report states that a TOS ENTERPRISE REFIT is being worked on.

Not a constitution class refit (the Movie ship) ... but a TOS (THE ORIGINAL SERIES) ENTERPRISE (Kirk's ship from the TV show with Kirk) ... REFIT (meaning it can be used a higher tier, probably T5).

The exact thing you're asking for ... is listed in the latest engineering report.

And just so we're absolutely clear ...

THIS SHIP ... a Refit of THIS SHIP!

LOL. I'm still confused! Superchum please try again. :D

Archived Post 08-29-2010 08:41 AM

I guess I just don't like the idea of a 2260's Constitution being a match for a 2370's Sovereign class.

So what if things like the ships I mentioned were only seen for a few seconds, better than bringing in ships that are centuries out of date. Or ships that no-one has ever seen before.

Also, Sleeves, you want a T5 Constitution with a cloak? What the heck? Granted it was equipped with a cloak for all of 30 seconds, thats less air time than any other ship class.

Archived Post 08-29-2010 08:54 AM

What they need to do is contact Gene Roddenbery's ghost and ask him to design a totally new, completely modern ship for the Federation.