Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   turret fire at will (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=178310)

Archived Post 08-30-2010 07:20 PM

turret fire at will
 
There needs to be Turret Fire at will

Archived Post 08-30-2010 07:21 PM

turret fire at will
 
there needs to be turret fire at will

Archived Post 08-30-2010 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Germ-X
There needs to be Turret Fire at will

It's called "Cannon: Scatter Volley".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Germ-X
there needs to be turret fire at will

It's called "Cannon: Scatter Volley".

Archived Post 08-30-2010 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LagunaD
It's called "Cannon: Scatter Volley".



It's called "Cannon: Scatter Volley".

But for some inexplicable reason, it's a higher-tier ability than Beam Fire At Will. If the devs think that cannon are so superior that they don't deserve analogous-to-beam skills in Ensign Boff stations, then maybe the OP is right; maybe turrets should get their own version, because turrets certainly aren't any more dangerous than beams.

Archived Post 08-30-2010 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obitus (Post 2996912)
But for some inexplicable reason, it's a higher-tier ability than Beam Fire At Will. If the devs think that cannon are so superior that they don't deserve analogous-to-beam skills in Ensign Boff stations, then maybe the OP is right; maybe turrets should get their own version, because turrets certainly aren't any more dangerous than beams.

People just don't think this stuff through.

Archived Post 08-31-2010 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obitus (Post 2996912)
But for some inexplicable reason, it's a higher-tier ability than Beam Fire At Will. If the devs think that cannon are so superior that they don't deserve analogous-to-beam skills in Ensign Boff stations, then maybe the OP is right; maybe turrets should get their own version, because turrets certainly aren't any more dangerous than beams.

Scatter Volley has the habit of hitting _all_ targets in the same area at once.
And SV also works with Dual Cannons and Heavy Dual Cannons, which are indeed more dangerous than beams.

Archived Post 08-31-2010 06:24 PM

Well, considering there's already a call out there for a beam turret (think what that'll do in combination with Fire At Will) why not pair it up with a Point Defense I / II ability that makes turrets open fire on anything that gets within 5 kilometers of you?

That'll clear a minefield in a big freaking hurry.

Archived Post 08-31-2010 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reave (Post 2999894)
Well, considering there's already a call out there for a beam turret (think what that'll do in combination with Fire At Will) why not pair it up with a Point Defense I / II ability that makes turrets open fire on anything that gets within 5 kilometers of you?.

There's "a call out" for just about every unnecessary/overpowered ability or feature you can imagine...

A few more Ensign abilities would be good in general, but I don't think Point Defense would qualify as an Ensign ability, seeing as it negates entire classes of weapons.

Archived Post 09-01-2010 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LagunaD
There's "a call out" for just about every unnecessary/overpowered ability or feature you can imagine...

A few more Ensign abilities would be good in general, but I don't think Point Defense would qualify as an Ensign ability, seeing as it negates entire classes of weapons.

Could be done so it only affects non player items so mines, HYT plasma, tricobalt, BUT while it's active the turrets can't be used to shoot at actual ships. B


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:12 AM.