BO ground builds?
I have been poking around the forums and the net looking for BO ground builds to go with my healing Sci officer and haven't been able to find any. I assume you need some sort of tank BO, Buff and Support BO and of course DPS to take them all down. I was hoping to have a healing build but want to make sure I can still solo "advanced" level content with my BOs when I can't find the time/team for a group. Any suggestions?
First, ground combat is a little unbalanced right now (some would call that an understatement) and I, for one, hope the across the board nerf is slight (some places are just stupid, though) and would rather see a little weight added to the player side rather than a nerf to the npc side.
Anyway, a few things that work for me:
1. A superior expose buff trait makes a BO worth their weight in latinum, especially on a science BO with AoE exposes.
2. A team exploit buff trait is not a bad idea.
3. I see two ground weapons being the top of the list, the compression bolt pistol and the multi-targeting heavy weapons. The compression bolt pistol is nice because the cooldown on the exploit is so short you can switch between two even when targets aren't exposed and not feel bad about using the higher dps attack. If you get your BOs landing AoE exposes then two compression bolt pistols will get you two exploits, but the multi-beam will get more. But, I hate the feeling that I don't want to fire off the higher damage attack because I might miss an expose waiting for the lengthy cooldown.
4. Don't be afraid to put somebody on passive mode to heal.
5. I've never made a tank BO, but I would guess that a Klingon (honorable trait) or an alien with some damage reduction traits would work as a tac with Draw Fire and a weapon with high damage on a cone as an attention grabber. Both hyposprays provide some pretty serious damage resistance but I haven't a clue what stacks. I would put leg sweep on a specialized tank like that, heck, maybe even two. Reroute power to shields says it adds an expose chance to attackers, maybe put that on once the aggro has been grabbed. Man, I'm talking myself into this, maybe I'll try it tonight...
I don't think your Science captain should heal on the ground. You are too valuable doing Exploit attacks against targets of opportunity. Unless you are doing Elite difficulty, a properly trained Bridge Officer is plenty of healing.
A good, conservative set up is:
Science captain: Use the Bioresearch kit with Tachyon Harmonic, Hyperonic Radiation, and Stasis Field. Equip yourself with two split beam rifles (AoE Exploit attack). You don't need to put skill points in the related areas, since you are going for Exposes and skills don't buff Expose chance.
Healing Science Officer: Medical Tricorder 1 and 3 (train them in Medical Tricorder 3 if you are high enough level), Vascular Regenerator and Nanite Health Monitor (available from power trainer).
Support Science Officer: 4 AoE Expose attacks, eg Tricorder Scan, Gravimetric Shift, Tachyon Harmonic, Hyperonic Radiation.
Note: Avoid the Neural Neutralizer skill on Science BOffs at all costs - they will charge to get in range when they want to use it, and are likely to get killed.
2xTactical Officers: The key abilities for these are Target Optics (highest rank you can get), Overwatch, Focus Fire and Draw Fire.
Give all your away team Full Auto Assault weapons (short c/d AoE Expose attack). If possible, give them armor and shields with shield or health regen. Once you are comfortable, you can maybe give the Tacticals damage-enhancing armor, but it doesn't make that much difference. You, as the Exploit attacker, will be doing the bulk of the damage.
Plant your team using a waypoint, and do the pull yourself using Exposes like Tricorder Scan, Hyperonic, etc. Once stuff gets in range, use the "Fire on My Target" command (default hot-key: Y) against the most dangerous enemy mob. Spam all your Expose abilities whenever they are up, then start hitting the "Next Exposed Target" command (default hot-key: G). Blow it up with an Exploit attack, swap to your other weapon, and repeat. Keep the away team always focused on whatever the most dangerous target still alive is. You will pick off anything that becomes Exposed. With this set-up, there are so many Exposes that you will be waiting for the c/d on both your Split Beams a fair amount of the time...
In my experience, your healing bridge officer will do just fine keeping everyone alive, unless you are running on Elite difficulty or encounter the bugged mobs that one-shot your whole team on Advanced. You should need to use hypos only very rarely, essentially never on normal difficulty.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:50 PM.|