Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Excelsior Bridge is coming? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=178877)

Archived Post 09-02-2010 10:44 AM

Excelsior Bridge is coming?

I wonder if bridge pack of Excelsior is coming?

Archived Post 09-03-2010 07:34 AM

Dunno, but the one that we briefly see in ST3 is just barely large enough to be a Cryptic sanctioned bridge.

Archived Post 09-03-2010 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThomasGideon
Dunno, but the one that we briefly see in ST3 is just barely large enough to be a Cryptic sanctioned bridge.

I hope they don't use that one. They should use the ones from Undiscovered Country and Generations, same basic bridge but with a few modifications.

Archived Post 09-04-2010 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SupremeLegate (Post 3009508)
I hope they don't use that one. They should use the ones from Undiscovered Country and Generations, same basic bridge but with a few modifications.

I agree that those do look superior. However, they are very small in comparison to the bridges which Cryptic has given us thus far.

I don't think their engine can handle something scaled to that size.

Archived Post 09-04-2010 01:51 PM

Funny thing is all they need to do is tweak the prometheus Bridge and voila! Excelsior bridge.

Archived Post 09-04-2010 05:26 PM

All the ships we buy from the c-store should come with its own bridge , especially at the price they charge us.

Archived Post 09-04-2010 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexraptor (Post 3010556)
Funny thing is all they need to do is tweak the prometheus Bridge and voila! Excelsior bridge.

Indeed. In fact most of you probably already know this but the Prometheus bridge is a redress of the Excelsior bridge that they made for the Voyager episode "Flashback". Additionally the Equinox's bridge (Nova class) is a redress of the Prometheus bridge with the Voyager style Captain/First Officer seating assembly.

Archived Post 09-04-2010 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ansler
Indeed. In fact most of you probably already know this but the Prometheus bridge is a redress of the Excelsior bridge that they made for the Voyager episode "Flashback". Additionally the Equinox's bridge (Nova class) is a redress of the Prometheus bridge with the Voyager style Captain/First Officer seating assembly.

Short story long: Use a promy bridge as a modernized Excel bridge. Got it.

Archived Post 09-04-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HyenaZERO (Post 3010987)
Short story long: Use a promy bridge as a modernized Excel bridge. Got it.

I am actually using one of the new Galaxy bridges, forget which one.

Archived Post 09-04-2010 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ansler

Yeah, if you watched Voyager and had a very sharp eye you could see the episodes that the Defiant bridge was redressed and reused.