Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Ten Forward (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Surviving Borg from Wolf 359... (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=179276)

Archived Post 09-04-2010 07:26 PM

Surviving Borg from Wolf 359...

Many people have been wondering how the assimilated victims were still alive when that cube blew up. I believe a sphere launched out of the cube like on First Contact and brought the assimilated people back to the Unicomplex ;) Eh? Ehhh??

Archived Post 09-04-2010 07:48 PM

i wasn't aware there were any assimilated victims, or surviving borg from Wolf 359. I'm sure that all the borg and former borg, that have memories of that battle have it because they were connected to the collective and thus they share memories.

Archived Post 09-04-2010 07:51 PM

Except at multiple times in Voyager we see actual humans who say that's where they were assimilated. Given the cube in Best of Both Worlds was a long-range version of the cube, many times the size of the ones from Voyager, and that the ones in Voyager had large interior spaces to dock ships for storage/assimilation, it'd hardly be far-fetched to imagine the cube, after assimilating a couple ships and some Starfleet personnel at Wolf 359, packed them all on a sphere or two and sent them back to the Delta Quadrant for further analysis or something.

Archived Post 09-04-2010 08:05 PM

Right... Hehehe..

Archived Post 09-05-2010 06:59 AM

Transwarp transporter? *shrug*

rob2485 10-15-2013 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Archived Post (Post 3011038)
i wasn't aware there were any assimilated victims, or surviving borg from Wolf 359. I'm sure that all the borg and former borg, that have memories of that battle have it because they were connected to the collective and thus they share memories.

In the Voyager Episode Unimatrix Zero one of the female characters says she was assimilated at the battle of Wolf 359.

Again we find a hole in the star trek story because that cube was destroyed when the SLEEP order was given by Commander Data to the Borg Cube through Captain Picard. The ship self destructed due to the malfunction and everyone on board was killed.

stoutes 10-15-2013 11:52 PM

You've just awoken this necroed thread after 3 years of SLEEP ;).

starswordc 10-15-2013 11:53 PM

Clumsy, VOY- and ENT-typical plot hole-ridden writing. Move along, nothing to see here.

EDIT: Prophets, no kidding about the mega-necro.

mondoid 10-16-2013 12:00 AM

They could have beamed drones to a ship to assimilate it, then beam the surviving crew from the other ship there and have it go to the delta quad.

jorantomalak 10-16-2013 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starswordc (Post 12924551)
Clumsy, VOY- and ENT-typical plot hole-ridden writing. Move along, nothing to see here.

EDIT: Prophets, no kidding about the mega-necro.

agreed

Quote:

Originally Posted by stoutes (Post 12924531)
You've just awoken this necroed thread after 3 years of SLEEP ;).

Thread necromancy