Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   C-Store, ZEN, and Promotions (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=200)
-   -   Extra BO and Ship Slots Purchases (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=180065)

Archived Post 09-10-2010 08:01 AM

Extra BO and Ship Slots Purchase Limits - What are they?

I was wondering what the limit was on the extra BO & ship slots purchases. So can someone enlighten me?
I want to have a dry dock with all the ships in game housed in it. :D

Archived Post 09-11-2010 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Spartan (Post 3022288)
I want to have a dry dock with all the ships in game housed in it. :D

You and me both, sir.

Archived Post 09-15-2010 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilCell (Post 3023969)
You and me both, sir.

No doubt.

Still no word from the devs yet as to just what the limit is. Amazing.... :mad:

Archived Post 09-16-2010 07:23 AM

Update1: Well after getting sick of waiting for a Dev to respond I decided to go ahead and try purchase additional BO slots a second time. It seems to have worked.

Update2: Well after getting sick of waiting for a Dev to respond I decided to go ahead and try purchase additional Ship slots a second time. It seems to have worked.

Now the question is can it be done a third time for both or either one? :confused:

I really, really, wish a dev would speak up on the limits. Stuff like this should be in the FAQ or at the very least the item description for cryin' out loud.
:mad:

Archived Post 09-20-2010 08:49 PM

So can someone involved with the code side of things tell us the limit PLEASE?

This information should be in the item description. Shoot I think it change color for each level you purchase if the limit is a rather small one. If not it should count down to zero then disable itself.

Archived Post 10-06-2010 05:56 AM

Any feedback Cryptic? Been waiting a long time for some...

Archived Post 10-08-2010 03:08 PM

Spartan you just have such bad luck getting Dev responses. :D

I'm afraid I can't directly answer your questions about BO/Ship slots... I am still boycotting them as they are too expensive for per character services, especially when I feel they should be per account.

But I can say I have purchased something like ten-plus sets of Extra Costume Slots (I've lost track, and yes, I know I'm insane... what can I say, I like variety... which is funny, think of all the money Crypic would have from me if they "fixed" the Ship/BO slots...). I have had no problems whatsoever using them once I learned the "work around" to use the new slots for Off Duty clothes.

My primary character has 23 outfits, and an alt has more than that (something like 28), and I still have empty slots pending. Considering that kind of expansion, I would hope the Ship/BO slots were similar... then again, I would have hoped they were per account (and no, I'm not bitter :p).

Archived Post 10-08-2010 03:53 PM

OMG!! 23 costumes? I have a hard time making two of them. My fashion sense simply does not match the resources in game to say the least.

Anyway, I guess I'll go ahead and try to buy more and if it does not work then I'll start a bit'ch thread. It is funny nonetheless, one would think this forum with its very low traffic level would have a seriously high dev response ratio.

UPDATE: It seems three (3) purchases work for BO. I now have six (6) extra slots.

Archived Post 10-08-2010 11:50 PM

I'm glad your extra BO slots worked for you!

Yeah, thanks to Blackavaar's Guide to Canon Colors I've made a "canon" version of each of my unlocks along with some alternates and simply made up unis.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=151369

My primary character's Uniform list:
  • Combat (A "padded jerkin" type custom uni in Aggressive stance that looks good under my Kit)
  • Fleet (My fleet's uni, I didn't make this one)
  • Off Duty (Sort of a t-shirt and jeans look)
  • TOS Command Gold
  • TOS Captain's Variant Green (w/MU Gold Sash)
  • MU First Officer's Variant Gold
  • TOS WoK Command
  • TOS WoK Command Open (Stance: Relaxed)
  • TNG Command Red
  • TNG Film Command Red
  • DS9 Command Red
  • VOY Command Red
  • STO Drone Uniform
  • Vice Admiral Jacket Uniform
  • Diplomat
  • Fizzbin Norm (white 21st Century suit)
  • Fizzbin Chill (as above, but Stance: Relaxed)
  • Mercenary (as presented in the C-Store ads)
  • Ranger (Merc gear, but less Green Beret and more "Let's all go hiking!")
  • Assassin (Black & Red robes and merc gear, looks pretty cool, I think)
  • Veteran
  • Veteran Green Alternate
My alternate Sci character has a simialr list, but for many of the "canon" outfits I made alternate colors for Command, Science, and various Medical Teals/Green, which is why she has more.

Archived Post 10-09-2010 04:26 AM

I also boycotted the BO slots

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatricianVetinari
Spartan you just have such bad luck getting Dev responses. :D

I'm afraid I can't directly answer your questions about BO/Ship slots... I am still boycotting them as they are too expensive for per character services, especially when I feel they should be per account.

But I can say I have purchased something like ten-plus sets of Extra Costume Slots (I've lost track, and yes, I know I'm insane... what can I say, I like variety... which is funny, think of all the money Crypic would have from me if they "fixed" the Ship/BO slots...). I have had no problems whatsoever using them once I learned the "work around" to use the new slots for Off Duty clothes.

My primary character has 23 outfits, and an alt has more than that (something like 28), and I still have empty slots pending. Considering that kind of expansion, I would hope the Ship/BO slots were similar... then again, I would have hoped they were per account (and no, I'm not bitter :p).

I boycotted the BO slots, because it was my idea to extend the commissioned crew roster to 25 or 30 to eliminate the ensign rickys ( or keep them to a minimal ) and then it showed up in the C-Store and it should of been account wide. or free, i hate when good ideas are used for evil.....