Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Cold Case SPOILERS (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=181141)

Archived Post 09-18-2010 12:09 PM

Cold Case SPOILERS

***********************SPOILERS***************************************

***************************SPOILERS***************************************

******************************SPOILERS************ ********************************

dStahl and team have done it again another great episode. It totally end with me going NOOOOO not yet... is it next Saturday yet?? I loved the mix of searching and combat, great! I don't know if it's possible, but for me it would have been nice to examine the gaseous anomoly from the lab on our ship with a minigame, also, assemble the starchart there as well with another minigame . It would also have been nice to see the chart as it was completed. With perhaps a line to the next destination. I know it would just have been the area map superimposed with the course but I still think it would have been cool looking.

As I said another great episode! Thanks very much to dStahl and all the team for the time and effort youv'e all put into these. Best thing to ever happen to games!!:)

Archived Post 09-18-2010 01:21 PM

I'm stuck! How the hell do you do the plinth thing to unlock the Preserver info?

Is it something to do with getting your crew to stand on the transporter pad-looking things? If so, I've tried that and they light up but only one at a time.

Archived Post 09-18-2010 01:33 PM

I sent you mail about it:)

Archived Post 09-18-2010 01:42 PM

OK, done it - but not after having asked others in Zone chat.

Reason? Three problems...

I've never ever ever used that 'move that guy to there' button and didn't know it existed.

The instructions are unclear. The text states 'three people' and 'south, east, south-east' and 'forming an arrow' so I tried to get the BOs to all face the same way or make a triangle. There was nothing to say 'put all your BOs on ALL the pads AND you in the center'

Activating the pads was then a pain because the UI says "Activate pad" for all 8/9 of them (depending on which direction you're facing in). This could have been improved by called them Pad 1, Pad 2 etc..

That bit wasn't fun for me (after last week's great episode). Carrying on with the episode now... thanks for the help Akaar1!

Archived Post 09-18-2010 04:09 PM

No problem. Glad to help;)

Archived Post 09-18-2010 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyTigan
The instructions are unclear. The text states 'three people' and 'south, east, south-east' and 'forming an arrow' so I tried to get the BOs to all face the same way or make a triangle. There was nothing to say 'put all your BOs on ALL the pads AND you in the center'!

Remember one thing. The instructions were considered history from experiences that were considered similar to this. Nobody said that you had to do exactly that. STO is finally coming around to having thinking episodes...i think we should be happy.

Oh, and if this were real life, would you be cranky if your science officer gave you examples of a similar situation and you yelled at him/her because she didnt give you the answer?

Archived Post 09-19-2010 12:41 AM

I still can't Unlock the Preserver Info in Cold Case

I have read all the posts on this subject and I still can't unlock the Preserver Info in Cold Case. I know how to place people on the squares, but nothing happens. Can someone post more detail on where people should be placed on the matrix? For example after you place the people for the East arrow, do you get any feedback that you have done it right or don't you know until the South and Southeast positions are compllete?

Archived Post 09-19-2010 02:38 AM

cold case, LOVED IT!

flying to the moon and back, for the first time i actully feelt like there was a point to doing the flying.
insted of going "not more flying" i went "oooh"

wich is a good thing..

seeing the detail, story and star trek feel to these weekly episodes, im sitting wondering, what went wrong with the rest of the leveling content we had at launch?

guys, keep it up!
and don't look back, becouse what your doing right now, with the detail and story is what will keep sto alive and make it the game it was meant to be.

Archived Post 09-19-2010 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyTigan
Activating the pads was then a pain because the UI says "Activate pad" for all 8/9 of them (depending on which direction you're facing in). This could have been improved by called them Pad 1, Pad 2 etc..!

Double click on the panels.

Archived Post 09-19-2010 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oberlerchner123 (Post 3039672)
Double click on the panels.

Or move until only one highlights.

Or stand in the center and yell at the top of your lungs, "I! AM! KIROK!" ;-)

(I can't shake the suspicion that a lot of us for whom this was easy also played Masterminds in City of Villains.)