Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   STO anniverary is months aways! (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=181853)

Archived Post 09-24-2010 05:33 AM

STO anniversary is months aways!

I thought I would take this opportunity to throw this thread in because I just started playing STO after being away for several months, and it seems the game is getting better. I thought we should start thinking what we want Cryptic to add for STO anniversary (the Beta started in January I believe?) and start throwing ideas to Cryptic like we usually do but something a little more interesting.

- Android playable race or bridge officier
- More Voice Acting. There should be variety of voices by NPC's to create more of an atmosphere (Chase Masterson was a nice touch) or during phaser fight a bridge officier will yell " Watch your back Captain!" if an enemy outflanks you from behind.
- Add some Cut Scenes or Cinematics for certain or some missions.
- Throw in some dangerous Alien Monsters on those planets to encounter like a Mugato.

Well thats it for now! I'm sure someone can think of something better!

Archived Post 09-24-2010 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gunhound (Post 3051239)
I thought I would take this opportunity to throw this thread in because I just started playing STO after being away for several months, and it seems the game is getting better. I thought we should start thinking what we want Cryptic to add for STO anniversary (the Beta started in January I believe?) and start throwing ideas to Cryptic like we usually do but something a little more interesting.

- Android playable race or bridge officier
- More Voice Acting. There should be variety of voices by NPC's to create more of an atmosphere (Chase Masterson was a nice touch) or during phaser fight a bridge officier will yell " Watch your back Captain!" if an enemy outflanks you from behind.
- Add some Cut Scenes or Cinematics for certain or some missions.
- Throw in some dangerous Alien Monsters on those planets to encounter like a Mugato.

Well thats it for now! I'm sure someone can think of something better!

I've wanted this since the game came out. The non-organic characters were among my favorites in the shows, like Data and The Doctor. I was highly dissapointed when I found out that it wasn't possible. :(

Archived Post 09-24-2010 07:54 AM

I almost forgot about the Holographic personel like the EMH! Everyship is suppose to have one?!

Archived Post 09-24-2010 03:33 PM

C+ for the year

Mr. Stahl has turned the game around before him I would giving the game a D- for the year. He has improved the game a lot in the little time he has been working on STO. Give him A+ for effort.

Archived Post 09-25-2010 05:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sleeves
Mr. Stahl has turned the game around before him I would giving the game a D- for the year. He has improved the game a lot in the little time he has been working on STO. Give him A+ for effort.

Er.. yeah, no one is saying Stahl isn't doing a great job.

Archived Post 09-25-2010 08:24 PM

If anyone has experience with computer programing, you know how difficult making a simple game can be. My experience is with Visual Basic code, and the last time I worked with it was back in 2002. I also worked with webpage design, which is much easier to use. I am sure that programing has become both easier and more difficult. As a comparison, many people can quickly make a web page with Microsoft Frontpage, but how many people can acutally write with HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) using only the notepad and text (.txt) files? In the span of three years many of the various code fuctions were rendered obsilete, whle new code was introduced. I sympathize with the programers as just programing a game mechanic can be difficult, while adding graphical representation adds a whole new dimention of difficulty. I am satisfied with the state of the game, and with all the additions, I rarely am dissapointed. For those complaining about the game, I challenge you to try making a multi-page web site using nothing but .txt files.

Archived Post 09-26-2010 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeilCell (Post 3054631)
If anyone has experience with computer programing, you know how difficult making a simple game can be. My experience is with Visual Basic code, and the last time I worked with it was back in 2002. I also worked with webpage design, which is much easier to use. I am sure that programing has become both easier and more difficult. As a comparison, many people can quickly make a web page with Microsoft Frontpage, but how many people can acutally write with HTML (Hyper Text Markup Language) using only the notepad and text (.txt) files? In the span of three years many of the various code fuctions were rendered obsilete, whle new code was introduced. I sympathize with the programers as just programing a game mechanic can be difficult, while adding graphical representation adds a whole new dimention of difficulty. I am satisfied with the state of the game, and with all the additions, I rarely am dissapointed. For those complaining about the game, I challenge you to try making a multi-page web site using nothing but .txt files.

/claps in approval

Archived Post 09-26-2010 04:03 PM

Umm... isnt -every- anniversary months away?

Arent anniversaries by their very nature, always at most, months away?

(Hold your "greater than annual" responses. Even if an anniversary is normally counted in greater than yearly intervals, the event in question still happened on a day, and in a month, and therefore has an annual anniversary.)

Besides. I wouldnt lift a finger to celebrate an entire year of beta-testing.

Whiskey Echo!!
mythgraven

Archived Post 09-26-2010 09:23 PM

Yes coding is not one of the easiest thing in game developing, and we all appreciate the work they do! But my main reason for this thread is just to ideas around (if I seem like a demanding fanboy I apologize.) I'm guessing Cryptic will just add a sale to the C-store for a week again but someone can come with something simply perhaps, just throwing ideas around bad, good, and so-so is just being constructive.

dam gotta go work now!

Archived Post 09-27-2010 08:05 AM

I have a feeling hey could easily do an "Event" like the Borg Invasion that ended testing for the one year anniversary however I doubt they would celebrate it for the Beta.

Maybe next Spring we may see something bolder, but right now I see nothing more then an invasion event