Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Biothermal Dampener (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=181957)

Archived Post 09-24-2010 07:52 PM

Biothermal Dampener

When an item is introduced into the game and it causes lag, aggravation, and allows griefing it needs to be addressed. The Biothermal Dampener needs to be limited in it's use or removed completely from the game. It is being used by individuals who have no sense of what it means to ruin or interfere with some one else's game play or they simply want to set out to aggravate others.

I was playing Dabo and some one decided it was funny to set a few of those off. The net result was my game froze up and caused the wheel to glitch several times causing missed bets. It also interferes with emotes so if some one is dancing it stops it.

Funny 1st time. Annoying the 2nd time When asked nicely to stop and it happens a 3rd time or more it is now griefing and obnoxious.

If those players who like this device want to keep it in game then I suggest they start practicing restraint.

The devs need to step up and implement a fix to this item.

Thank you.

Archived Post 09-24-2010 11:01 PM

Could always have a serious option where fun powers are not visible. Could also make it so that all you see for characters is regular uniforms and ships that don't break the timeline.

Archived Post 09-24-2010 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starkaos (Post 3053109)
Could always have a serious option where fun powers are not visible. Could also make it so that all you see for characters is regular uniforms and ships that don't break the timeline.

Apples...oranges. The difference is 1. the (Biothermal Dampener) affects the graphics of alot of computers causing lag. and 2. the Uniforms...Time line arguments...do not cause lag and performance issues.

Do you get any enjoyment out of causing some ones computer to lag? Because if you do, the devs need to take a serious note about this sort of mentality when thinking about introducing other items into the game.

Archived Post 09-25-2010 05:39 PM

Just report them for harassment to the GM. That is what I am doing. If the spanner is in a Fleet complain to their Fleet Admiral. I did that and he took care of it. He told them not to target random players. For me that is all I need but for you it a little bit more serious.

Archived Post 09-25-2010 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Knight
Just report them for harassment to the GM. That is what I am doing. If the spanner is in a Fleet complain to their Fleet Admiral. I did that and he took care of it. He told them not to target random players. For me that is all I need but for you it a little bit more serious.

LOl i even switched instances for Ds9 dabo table and low and behold some other idiot was doing the same thing to people at that table. I asked them nicely to stop. One complied. The others did not no matter how nice you were about it.

That tells me that these players are a social cancer and need to be dealt with. I did report them to the GM and got a reply which...for what ever reason I can not see the ticket. LOL Bug?

Any how..we as a community do not need to put up with this sort of idiocy.

Archived Post 09-25-2010 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
LOl i even switched instances for Ds9 dabo table and low and behold some other idiot was doing the same thing to people at that table. I asked them nicely to stop. One complied. The others did not no matter how nice you were about it.

That tells me that these players are a social cancer and need to be dealt with. I did report them to the GM and got a reply which...for what ever reason I can not see the ticket. LOL Bug?

Any how..we as a community do not need to put up with this sort of idiocy.

ok for starters sorry that your computer lag and all but in realtiy...there not much that can be done except you getting a new viedo card

The Biothermal Damperner were never meant as a weapond to use aginst enemys but a social tool to bring the comuunity together. just cuase a few people have a problem with it don;t mean they wioll go away if we use this logic, do you want the devs to take the Smoke bomb, and other things liek that out as well.

Archived Post 09-25-2010 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailpeter83 (Post 3054401)
ok for starters sorry that your computer lag and all but in realtiy...there not much that can be done except you getting a new viedo card

The Biothermal Damperner were never meant as a weapond to use aginst enemys but a social tool to bring the comuunity together. just cuase a few people have a problem with it don;t mean they wioll go away if we use this logic, do you want the devs to take the Smoke bomb, and other things liek that out as well.

Replacing my video card because some kid(s) can't control themselves is not an answer to a problem. Besides my video card is up to snuff and this is the only time it shutters. and it is not just one ice bomb that does it. It does it when more than ONE goes off.

Second, I am not the only one complaining about this issue. I was speaking to a player last night running a quad with 2 gigs on video and 6 gigs on the motherboard who was also experiencing lag issues. And several around the table were asking them to stop with no results.

There are alot of players who are having problems but are told to shut up and stop being a cry baby about it. Hmm no. I am not going to remain silent about this any longer. Enough is enough. When a player is ASKED KINDLY to stop. KINDLY! and does not stop there is a social problem. And it starts with the devs giving kids something that has gotten out of control.

My computer meets the requirements for the game. I am not going to drop another dime into my computer or buy another computer just so I can "possibly" play the game better because some children have no social skills and when I refer to them as kids...I fully realize their are GROWN adults acting like children.

LOL when I ask one person NICELY to stop his remark was get a better computer. Hmmm Oh really?

If this was meant to bring the community together ...LMAO...it back fired.

One solution should be if I place the person on ignore their action should no longer affect my character.

Thank you.

Archived Post 09-25-2010 08:23 PM

well i find it fun so meh, snow ball fights with ice is always fun, but am from FL orignaly so don;t see alot of snow. Secondly i agree if you ignore someone then their action shouldn;t effect you in a social area. i agree if someone ask you nicly to stop hitting you with the ice bomb they should stop but if me and a friend are having a ice fight in a area and some one askl me to stop i will and have ignore them.

Archived Post 09-25-2010 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nailpeter83 (Post 3054535)
well i find it fun so meh, snow ball fights with ice is always fun, but am from FL orignaly so don;t see alot of snow. Secondly i agree if you ignore someone then their action shouldn;t effect you in a social area. i agree if someone ask you nicly to stop hitting you with the ice bomb they should stop but if me and a friend are having a ice fight in a area and some one askl me to stop i will and have ignore them.

I would hope you have the decency of a human being to keep that out of the area of the Dabo table.

Archived Post 09-25-2010 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevenstarr
I would hope you have the decency of a human being to keep that out of the area of the Dabo table.

Probaly not, but who knows only go to DS9 once a week