Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Controls, User Interface, and the STO Gateway (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=126)
-   -   Full 360 degree flight Option (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=182332)

Archived Post 09-27-2010 06:40 PM

Full 360 degree flight Option

I would like to see an option to have full 360 flight. I know some people wouldn't like it because they can get disoriented. But it would give the people who can handle it a much more fun experience. Also have a key command or button that would level the ship back to neutral plane. I just think the 360 flight would add alot more depth to the game and allow for more stratagizing and tactical manuvers. Thank you for your time. :)

Archived Post 09-27-2010 06:47 PM

I would like some 360 degree space combat, as it reminds me of Bridge Commander (which is awesome), overall, I think it would add to the "feeling" of being in space.

Archived Post 09-27-2010 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdidy (Post 3058759)
I would like some 360 degree space combat, as it reminds me of Bridge Commander (which is awesome), overall, I think it would add to the "feeling" of being in space.

I agree. And I like your list of thing that need to be improved. Well said. :)

Archived Post 09-27-2010 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mb2008
I agree. And I like your list of thing that need to be improved. Well said. :)

Thanks, it is a little dated though....

Archived Post 10-05-2010 06:18 PM

All for 360 Degree Space

I would really like to see this feature included, I myself have wondered what it would do to the game.

Archived Post 10-06-2010 02:02 AM

DStahl said it is never gonna happen. Sorry.
All we can get is a max pitch increase from 45* to 85*.

Archived Post 10-06-2010 12:38 PM

such a shame. i would be all for it, finally it'll sort the noob to the hardcore.

Archived Post 10-06-2010 06:58 PM

Is there any reason why this is limited, beyond player oreintation? I mean, is tehre some 'tech' reason that luddites such as myself don;t understand?

Archived Post 10-06-2010 09:22 PM

:pits a pity :(. I love 360 combat. but on the other hand, whenver did you see two opposing fleets in ST not fighting each other as if there was a position to be down and up in space... I mean its not like one entire fleet in a ds9 dominion battle was completely upside down

Archived Post 10-07-2010 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The.Restless.Kaiser
Is there any reason why this is limited, beyond player oreintation? I mean, is tehre some 'tech' reason that luddites such as myself don;t understand?

Not a tech reason, a thematic one. In Star Trek, you just don't see ships flying at all sorts of angles. They meet on generally the "altitude". Sometimes a little higher or lower, but the top is the top and the bottom is the bottom and they're not floating on their sides or anything. Just a choice to make the game look and behave like Star Trek looked.