Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   STO Radio Talks To Chase Masterson (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=182736)

Archived Post 09-30-2010 02:34 PM

STO Radio Talks To Chase Masterson
 
The STO Radio team spoke to Chase Masterson earlier this week. Give the interview a listen from their on-demand section here.


Link to the news article.

Archived Post 10-01-2010 02:48 AM

It seems the on-demand section on our site had a slight error which I have fixed :-)

Archived Post 10-01-2010 04:13 PM

I'm listening to this right now. Chase does interview well. She has something to say and is given time to express it. She is quite generous to give her time to the recent podcasts.

I hadn't actually heard her sing until now. Her cover of Fever is pretty good.

Archived Post 10-02-2010 04:42 AM

Out of all the Iconic people in the ST universe, the only person we ever get for interview is Chase lol.
She was in like 30 mins of screen time and had no major story lines, just an extra with a name.

Its like scraping the bottom of the ST barrel.

Archived Post 10-02-2010 01:54 PM

Having an ambassador to bridge the gap between STO gamers and more Star Trek fans isn't a bad thing.

Much like voice-overs for a computer game, I imagine that [insert larger Trek star name here] isn't typically available for such things as 'chatting with gamers'. And if they are, I suspect it involves a significant financial investment on the part of the game company. Or in this case, a player-hosted podcast. And those big names? 10 or 15 minutes of face time if we are lucky. Like a Today Show interview. Masterson is generous to hang-out - for over an hour - with the hosts and listeners. She doesn't have to do that at all.

When one listens to these podcasts, clearly Masterson has evolved significantly from her screen time as Leeta. Face of the Federation (fan club) for a not insignificant number of Star Trek fans is nothing to sneeze at. It seems to me that she takes a honor seriously.

And heck, the kind of loyalty Trek fans offer toward the extended careers of these actors isn't something to sneeze at either.

Archived Post 10-03-2010 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanharn (Post 3069481)
Out of all the Iconic people in the ST universe, the only person we ever get for interview is Chase lol.
She was in like 30 mins of screen time and had no major story lines, just an extra with a name.

Its like scraping the bottom of the ST barrel.

I would hardly say her relationship with Rom was a minor storyline, at least to Niners.

it's not like they had a "guest star" on. Leeta was a recurring character. (sure, I might prefer Andrew J. Robinson, but I hear he's a busy man)

I liked the interview overall. Hope to see Chase ingame someday.

Archived Post 10-03-2010 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClingingMars (Post 3071267)
I would hardly say her relationship with Rom was a minor storyline, at least to Niners.

it's not like they had a "guest star" on. Leeta was a recurring character. (sure, I might prefer Andrew J. Robinson, but I hear he's a busy man)

I liked the interview overall. Hope to see Chase ingame someday.

Leeta was an extra with a name nothing more and the bottom of the ST actors list.

Archived Post 10-04-2010 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanharn (Post 3071882)
Leeta was an extra with a name nothing more and the bottom of the ST actors list.

You're entitled to your opinion. As a DS9 fan, I enjoyed her character, enjoyed the stories involving her, and enjoy the interviews.

Archived Post 10-07-2010 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kanharn (Post 3069481)
Out of all the Iconic people in the ST universe, the only person we ever get for interview is Chase lol.
She was in like 30 mins of screen time and had no major story lines, just an extra with a name.

Its like scraping the bottom of the ST barrel.

Chase Masterson is a lovely person and I was very happy and honored to have her on STO-Radio.com

That said, we have some other interviews coming up soon, with Eugene Roddenberry, George Takei and a few other names that I am not going to mention just now :-)

Perhaps they will be more worthy of your attention.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:05 PM.