Some more friends / team questions
I still have a couple questions after reading through some of the board here. Full disclosure, this is my first MMO, so some of these Qs might be general knowledge across other games but it's all new to me.
A friend and I both got the game this week but I'm able to play it a bit more. This means I'll be ahead but we're usually only a few levels apart, sometimes 5, but nothing drastic like Admiral and Lt Cmd.
From what I understand, I can go back and replay missions I've done that she hasn't by teaming up together. A couple questions on that:
1. Can one join the other in the middle of a mission? Say I'm patrolling Vulcan space or something and have only cleared 1/4 of the areas. Do I need to finish up that entire mission before they can join me?
2. Does she need to run around and collect the missions from everyone before we can team up and do them?
3. Can the lower level player "skip" some of the early level missions and just join the higher player? Of course this wouldn't be smart if I was too many levels above, but I don't know which missions, if any, are "required" story missions and which are just level boosting "go do something" missions. (again, totally new to MMOs here)
4. I don't like repetition very much, but I realize that unless I want to sit and wait til she can play, I'll end up having to replay missions I've already done that she hasn't. Any tips to allow me to keep playing at my faster pace but limit the missions I have to re-do for her to catch up?
5. Another beginner MMO question. As long as we're "teamed up", once the mission is over, both of us get the XP and money rewards and then split the items regardless of who did what in the mission, correct?
I'm sure I have a bunch more, but I'll cut them off there for now. Thanks a ton for any help!
Defend the Sector Blog missions
You can easily tell them apart. Defend the Sector and Exploration missions are simply level boosting and are repeatable. Story missions tell the story of the game and should be done in order to progress because they give the most experience. Patrol missions don't really add much to the story but are helpful to do.
If you have more questions feel free to send me a message.
1. Yes, you can join each other in the middle of the mission in most cases. The only exception is certain missions that have multiple parts, where you warp to different locations within the mission. You might have problems getting into the same instance. But for Patrol the .... missions, it's usually no problem.
2. Any missions can be done by anyone as long as 1 person on the team has the mission. The caveat, however, is that you might not get the reward or the XP for doing it if it hasn't officially been given to you by Admiral whoever. Always hail the admiral and see if he/she gives you any new missions. No need to run around.
3. Lower levels can play higher level missions by "matching" your level. If you are squad leader, other members of the team have the option of matching your level. However, keep in mind that the lower level player will not get the mission reward for completing it, and the XP will be reduced too.
4. Have 2 characters. 1 that you play with your friend. 1 that you level up faster, like what Attilio said.
5. The mission rewards should be given to both if the mission was officially assigned. If it wasn't assigned, there will be no reward. The XP is also reduced if the player level is too low or too high for the mission difficulty. As far as loot goes, I suggest you change the mode to 'Need or Greed'. You can find this in the team settings window. With need/greed, it's much easier to divide the loot.
|All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:50 PM.|