Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Builds, Powers, and Game Mechanics (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   How do science ships maintain shield power in battle? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=184291)

Archived Post 10-15-2010 01:03 AM

How do science ships maintain shield power in battle?
 
I was playing around with science ships for fun, but started to wonder about one particular defiency:

How do you restore shields?

With my cruiser, I can use Emergency Power to Shields to restore them, but I haven't been able to use that on any of my science ships.

I think my escort has a similar problem, but I can't remember, it's been so long since I flew escort.

Archived Post 10-15-2010 01:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilarta (Post 3094330)
I was playing around with science ships for fun, but started to wonder about one particular defiency:

How do you restore shields?

With my cruiser, I can use Emergency Power to Shields to restore them, but I haven't been able to use that on any of my science ships.

I think my escort has a similar problem, but I can't remember, it's been so long since I flew escort.

Why can't you use Emergency Power to Shields? Every ship has at *least* an ensign Engineer slot an that's what EPS1 is - an ensign skill.

Also, you can use Science Team to restore shields.. And shield batteries.

Archived Post 10-15-2010 04:49 AM

use transfer shield strength. this hands down is the best shield buff you can get as far as bo abilities. and dont wait until your shields are gone to use it. use it as soon as your getting fired at. to make it even more effective use it with emergency power to shileds. this should give your shields at least an easy 50% bonus damage resistance and whatever damage does get through the transfer shield strength will just keep rengenerating your shileds. also make sure you distribute your shield power frequently.

Archived Post 10-15-2010 07:49 AM

Science has both Transfer Shield Strength and Science Team that can be used to buff shields. You'll also always have between 1 and 3 engineering BO skills (depending on level and ship type) that you can also use to take the various Emergency Power to Shields abilities.

Archived Post 10-15-2010 03:28 PM

it may be the issue that the science ships shields are so much higher that it looks like those powers are doing nothing.

Archived Post 10-16-2010 04:45 AM

science team isnt even a mediocre shield heal, its one use is removal of debuffs like viral matrix and sensor scan

transfer shield strenght, extend shield, and emergency power to shields are how you keep shields up

nuff said

Archived Post 10-16-2010 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KhansWrath
science team isnt even a mediocre shield heal, its one use is removal of debuffs like viral matrix and sensor scan

transfer shield strenght, extend shield, and emergency power to shields are how you keep shields up

nuff said

Uhm...extend shields can only be used on someone else,it does nothing for the one using it.

Archived Post 10-16-2010 01:15 PM

Quote:

Uhm...extend shields can only be used on someone else,it does nothing for the one using it.
I assume he meant Transfer Shield Strength. :)

Also, I find Science Team to be a nice shield heal. No major regen buff but it fills the rings up quickly. I use it far more then I do EpTS. I save that for hard combats when I'm getting pummelled and need the regen buff too.

Archived Post 10-16-2010 08:42 PM

Thanks for the recommendations.

Emergency Power to Shields I turned out to be the one I could use.


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:38 PM.