Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Galactic News Network (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Scheduled Maintenance (October 15, 2010) (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=184432)

Archived Post 10-15-2010 06:52 PM

Scheduled Maintenance (October 15, 2010)

On Saturday, October 16th from 3:00 AM PST to 5:00 AM PST (10:00 AM UTC to 12:00 PM UTC) we will be performing scheduled maintenance on Star Trek Online, and applying an update. We apologize for this inconvenience and thank you for your patience!

Archived Post 10-15-2010 07:30 PM

good. this will hopefully fix the exchange, right?

Archived Post 10-15-2010 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClingingMars (Post 3096186)
good. this will hopefully fix the exchange, right?

Correct, the STO team have really worked hard tonight! Kudos to Cryptic! :)

The release notes for October 16th, 2010 are available to read.

Archived Post 10-16-2010 12:45 AM

The release notes say:

Quote:
Release Notes - October 16, 2010

General:
Tooltips have been returned to items in the exchange.
Exchange prices will now show up on german and french clients.
[..]

End quote

Great to read about the tooltips fix. :)

But PLEASE revert also the Exchange icons to the original size, to make the Exchange overviewable again. :(

thx for reading

Alex

Archived Post 10-16-2010 12:54 AM

no addition of new episode?

Archived Post 10-16-2010 01:43 AM

The weekly featured episode does need no maintenance. It comes up whenever they unlock it. It's just a small thing to switch off or on, they've patched in the episodes a lot earlier, probably last week or the week before, they're just not unlocked yet.

Archived Post 10-16-2010 03:07 AM

I don't like sound like a broken record but why not doing these patches on Thursdays instead of weekends? This patch is way too big for the average ISP and bugged. Now they have to apply a patch to fix a patch. It's not the first time since it happened many times before with previous seasons.
I'm thankful for the great work that goes into development but can we do this every Tuesday/Thursday instead of a weekend? A new series should start on a weekday rather than on a weekend to save all players the headache of buggy patches. Most people on STO play on weekends so please do it for the public good.

Thanks.:cool:

Archived Post 10-16-2010 04:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2007-2007
I don't like sound like a broken record but why not doing these patches on Thursdays instead of weekends? This patch is way too big for the average ISP and bugged. Now they have to apply a patch to fix a patch. It's not the first time since it happened many times before with previous seasons.
I'm thankful for the great work that goes into development but can we do this every Tuesday/Thursday instead of a weekend? A new series should start on a weekday rather than on a weekend to save all players the headache of buggy patches. Most people on STO play on weekends so please do it for the public good.

Thanks.:cool:

because who doesnt like a nice weekend release? and i have a feeling that this patch wasnt excatly schedueled, it only got added because of yesterdays patch.

Archived Post 10-16-2010 04:12 AM

This is really bad timing.

It's the weekend.
In Europe (London) those times put it at 11am BST to 1PM. I always see multiple people on at this time.

Archived Post 10-16-2010 04:40 AM

It closed 20 minutes early, was just about to finish a painfully long mission too. Remind me to buy you guys a watch for Christmas.