Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Dear Cryptic, I liked the flashing console displays. (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=184714)

Archived Post 10-17-2010 06:13 PM

Dear Cryptic, I liked the flashing console displays.

Dear Cryptic,

I liked how only the console display screens flashed to denote interactabilty, instead of the whole console, in the mission Chasing Shadows

Thanks.

-Blyn

Archived Post 10-17-2010 06:37 PM

I just wanted to second this! I noticed this when playing "Skirmish" and thought that was a nice update, hopefully they will go this route in the future.

Archived Post 10-17-2010 07:03 PM

I also liked this. Although, a little frustrating at first when I was expecting the whole thing to flash.

Archived Post 10-17-2010 07:05 PM

And theres just a little bit of Impulse flair when hitting evasive maneuvers now instead of the blue rings

Archived Post 10-17-2010 07:48 PM

On the topic of new graphics I have to say I'm not thrilled with the new graphic for tractor beam.
I dont see what purpose there was in changing it up.

Archived Post 10-17-2010 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lightw8
On the topic of new graphics I have to say I'm not thrilled with the new graphic for tractor beam.
I dont see what purpose there was in changing it up.

Same with the grenade throwing animation. My male tac officer now chucks grenades like most chicks throw a football.

Archived Post 10-17-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USSNighthawk
Same with the grenade throwing animation. My male tac officer now chucks grenades like most chicks throw a football.

Seems to me that it's more like they shot put grenades now...

Archived Post 10-17-2010 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blyn
Dear Cryptic,

I liked how only the console display screens flashed to denote interactabilty, instead of the whole console, in the mission Chasing Shadows

Thanks.

-Blyn

I really really REALLY liked this in "Skirmish". It was so much more awesome and subtle to have to "LOOK" for the flashing screens on the consoles.. rather than having the whole freaking console flashing. So much more appropriate and sophisticated to just make the screens flash. Having the whole console flash reminded me of games like "Dragon's Lair"... and not in a good way. Flashing screens is WAY better.

also: the Defera sector "Sector Space" is one of the most gorgeous places in all of STO.

Archived Post 10-17-2010 11:34 PM

Can only second this. The console looked good that way!

Archived Post 10-17-2010 11:49 PM

I agree it was soooooo much better having the panel flash instead of the entire console. it was such an eyesore, but that makes it much, much cleaner. doing that with other objects, like lockers or crates would simply require adding a small panel to them and have that flash instead.