Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   holodeck adventures in STO? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=184853)

Archived Post 10-19-2010 07:34 AM

holodeck adventures in STO?

Hi there,

I'm not sure if I write this in the correct part of the Forum so forgive me if I don't but I'm not very familiar with all of the Forums parts.

Last sunday a friend of mine and me had an idea would could come to STO as well. The Holodeck!
Some other Star Trek games have them e.g. to review moviesequencies (a final unity) or some special missions (elite force) and here is the idea I wanted the Holodeck:

some missions we have to do in STO during leveling aren't available after we finished them. Except other players would share them again with us. So why don't bringin in a holodeck where players can redo those missions (without any rewards) just to relive the story parts.

In our guild were characters made wich just have to hold the Quests (e.g. ghost ship, fire cave or city on the edge of never) we gave them so we can share the quests each other whenever one wants to redo a old mission. So these Characters blockade a whole char place on each account of us. So I guess that some others who liked the storys too and did not just ran through the missions without looking and reading will agree with this idea.

Also the Holodecks could be used to give the Fans later some opportunitys to see some special places from the Star trek series like the Vic's (DS9) or fair haven (Voyager) or Captain proton missions (Voyager), or sth. new.

Archived Post 10-19-2010 07:55 AM

The game already has Replay coming out with Season 3 in a month or two.

Archived Post 10-19-2010 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic_One (Post 3102105)
The game already has Replay coming out with Season 3 in a month or two.

Source on Replay confirmation please.

Archived Post 10-19-2010 08:01 AM

It's in the engineering reports and Dstahl has mentioned more then once. There'll be a new ER coming out tomorrow. I'm sure we'll get more info then.

Archived Post 10-20-2010 12:42 AM

ok, I haven't read anything about a replay but I can't read the whoole forums. But what do you think about some extra missions or fun things like Vics or fair Haven?

and replayable missions I think should land on somekind like a holodeck because when the mission is complete its done and timetrsavel excepted it couldn't be done again ( I know Iknow its just a game but putting these missions in Holodeck adventures will avoid discussions like this :D ).

Archived Post 10-20-2010 01:10 AM

There is plenty of opportunity for holodeck missions besides previously ran missions.

Fantasy MMO Program (Remember the Entertainment world in TOS and Robin Hood in TNG?) In which Cryptic could make moments that are like old school dungeon raids.

"Sci Fi" Holographic Adventures, like Captain Proton

Sports Adventures like Baseball from DS9.

Perhaps simple "Exploration" Programs in visiting famous places. Like the Phoenix Complext (First Contact or "Modern" version, complete with Cochrane Statue). Starfleet Academy, and more.

So much potential.

Archived Post 10-20-2010 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Azurian (Post 3103850)
There is plenty of opportunity for holodeck missions besides previously ran missions.

Fantasy MMO Program (Remember the Entertainment world in TOS and Robin Hood in TNG?) In which Cryptic could make moments that are like old school dungeon raids.

"Sci Fi" Holographic Adventures, like Captain Proton

Sports Adventures like Baseball from DS9.

Perhaps simple "Exploration" Programs in visiting famous places. Like the Phoenix Complext (First Contact or "Modern" version, complete with Cochrane Statue). Starfleet Academy, and more.

So much potential.

Agree! but I think raids sounds a bit like getting rewards for them and i thought the Holodeck should be as it is used in Star Trek as a offduty and relaxing arrangement.
So maybe without rewardds just for having fun and doing some Roleplay or if necessary then little rewards wich did not interfere with the gameplay to hard (like latinum at Dabo with that u can buy a shipy costume for 15 mins or sth.).

Maybe later there can also be holoodeck adventures made from players for other players... (just to go crazy with the idea of a Holodeck.)

Archived Post 10-20-2010 02:04 AM

Nothing wrong in getting rewards from them, after all how many of the Star Trek characters kept something from their Holodeck adventures? Why can't we?

They can easily be trophies to add to our walls or desks, or like you said, costumes or more! So much possibilities!

Archived Post 10-20-2010 02:21 AM

There is so much potential for holodecks in this game, and they could be used so extensively. They effectively allow STO to be anything in any time. What more could an MMO want except a completely IP-supported way to do anything?

Archived Post 10-20-2010 02:21 AM

oh sry i guess there was a missunderstanding. reward like decorations for the admirals quarters or sth like that very fine but not such things like new ship equipment or ground weapons which are don't know maxed or sth. decorrations for the crew quarter were most welcome by me also new/other quarters but thats another point.
I only meant that the holodeck things should be like go shopping or drinking a bear or go rafting or remember the "good old times" by reliving old missions without a "real" threat to the characters and not fighting Borg on the front.