Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Federation Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Idea for Fed Carrier Story Arc (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=185503)

Archived Post 10-23-2010 03:09 PM

Idea for Fed Carrier Story Arc

Perhaps, when the carrier comes out, we get to go back in time, and stop a fed carrier from being destroyed

Also, we could see Wesley Die in this Fight :D

Archived Post 10-23-2010 05:40 PM

Are you drunk?
BTW no fed carrier.

Archived Post 10-23-2010 05:54 PM

No.

Yes to Wesley though.

Archived Post 11-21-2010 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alexbond45 (Post 3111748)
Perhaps, when the carrier comes out, we get to go back in time, and stop a fed carrier from being destroyed

Also, we could see Wesley Die in this Fight :D

No to both.....no Fed carrier (so no need to travel back in time),and Wesley Crusher must live......so I can shoot him.:D

Archived Post 11-24-2010 10:54 AM

Damn Klink trolls.

Yes to both.

Archived Post 11-24-2010 11:05 AM

No carrier required .....please lock

Archived Post 11-24-2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zutty (Post 3181718)
Damn Klink trolls.

Yes to both.

And your not? :rolleyes:

No to fed carrier anyway, Your suppost (spelling?) to be a diplomatic race. ;)

Archived Post 11-24-2010 06:03 PM

OH just add one why not , its a game and it needs balancing plus Cryptic would make a FORTUNE!

Archived Post 12-01-2010 10:59 AM

I'm tired of typing up responses to these Fed Carrier demands and/or KDF Carriers are OP threads, so I'm just going to let StormShade answer for me:

Quote:

Originally Posted by StormShade
Carriers?

As has been mentioned many times, Beam Array: Fire at Will, Cannon: Scatter Volley, Eject Warp Plasma, and others are all great abilities to limit a carriers effectiveness.

Klingons are far away from being the unstoppable powerhouse that many of you seem to think they are. I know this because I play a Klingon, and I can tell you I lose more matches than I win.

If you're having trouble facing off against Klingons, try asking a Klingon how to beat them. Almost every single one of them will tell you what your team needs to do in order to counter anything they do. However, PvP is a team based game.

If you actually expect to run into a PvP match, not work with your teammates, and still be able to faceroll your keyboard for the win, it's time to wake up and smell the disruptor burns.

It's almost always going to be the better organized team that wins. Space combat in STO is a very tactical game. It requires strategy, skill, and a knowledge of how different skills interact.

If you want to beat Carriers, here's an example on how to do it.

Feds are never getting a Carrier, not soon, not next year, never. Why? Because they don't need one, giving Feds Carriers would make the Feds OverPowered.

Archived Post 12-01-2010 04:31 PM

I hope Feds never get a carrier, or half the posts in the Fed forum would disappear. People would have to make posts on actual semi-useful topics.

Oh, wait...the slack would be taken up by "Give Feds Battle Cloaks" posts.