Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   PvP Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   Reality Check (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=186418)

Archived Post 10-30-2010 04:33 AM

Reality Check

I propose that TSI and OOV spend some time in FvF.

It is time that the whiners got a reality check in what is really OP.

After they beat you easily, ponder this:
We spend hours a day in discussion and testing to find the correct kit for our ships (to beat these guys). we train in inter-fleet private matches. we engage in constant pvp matches. This never stops.

What do you do?
Hint: you cry on the forums hoping Cryptic will do the work for you...

Archived Post 10-30-2010 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cedryk_
I propose that TSI and OOV spend some time in FvF.

just saying but:
TSI and OOV do spend the majority of their matches in fvf. The queues pop faster in fvf. Most of the time we just queue for both fvf and fvk - it's most efficient that way.

Archived Post 10-30-2010 07:12 AM

FvF pops so often that there are a lot of matches without TSI players, maybe that's the problem. ;)

Archived Post 10-30-2010 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully (Post 3125104)
FvF pops so often that there are a lot of matches without TSI players, maybe that's the problem. ;)

I think your on to something we need more tsi and oov players.

Archived Post 10-30-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluepez
I think your on to something we need more tsi and oov players.

Well, just having members of TSI is enough - you need clones of Era, Zorena and Devoras and who-else you might have, right?

Archived Post 10-30-2010 10:37 AM

Quote:

We spend hours a day in discussion and testing to find the correct kit for our ships
Reality Check. Real people have lives. We get a few hours to plug in and play and we dont want to look like the sad rejects on the next leroy jenkins video discussing what bofs to fire in which order and what statistical percentage we have of blah blah blah yawn yawn yawn....

Err Sad Geek 1 you will proceed forward and use sensor scan, at which time I WILL deploy Quantum Mines, Sad Geek 2 has been crunching the numbers, what say you Sad Geek 2.

Err, well Sad Geek Leader theres a 99.9 (thats reoccuring of course) % chance the OP Klingons will still win this match....

No wonder cryptic added an abandon ship ability.

Archived Post 10-30-2010 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rb74
Reality Check. Real people have lives. We get a few hours to plug in and play and we dont want to look like the sad rejects on the next leroy jenkins video discussing what bofs to fire in which order and what statistical percentage we have of blah blah blah yawn yawn yawn....

Err Sad Geek 1 you will proceed forward and use sensor scan, at which time I WILL deploy Quantum Mines, Sad Geek 2 has been crunching the numbers, what say you Sad Geek 2.

Err, well Sad Geek Leader theres a 99.9 (thats reoccuring of course) % chance the OP Klingons will still win this match....

Epic
10 chars

Archived Post 10-30-2010 02:24 PM

Quote:

Was wondering how long it would take before someone posted the "we have normal lives unlike you geeks!" response to this.

He's not judging you, but you're judging him. Classy. All he's saying is that someone who's playing to win tends to have more experience than someone who just takes it casually.

It can be driving, playing the piano, playing football, etc. Someone choosing to spend time becoming better at anything will naturally have a better understanding of the activity and have quicker and more intuitive responses.

TSI and OoV, like LORE and other Klingon pvp centric guilds, spend time perfecting pvp space combat. If their opponents choose to whine about their methods and tactics, then those people think that just because they spend 1 hour pvp'ing, everyone is at their skill level and if they're overmatched it's because the other side cheats.

If you choose any other activity to spend your time on and just pvp to collect emblems, then don't be surprised when someone who's a pvp enthusiast scraps your ship.

Archived Post 10-30-2010 02:26 PM

KaPoW!

Quote:

Ouch! he might as well walk himself to the nearest airlock - I mean what's left to do?

Archived Post 10-30-2010 02:33 PM

From what I gathered in OrganizedPVP last night, OoV was victim of some crying and hax0rz accusations as well. Leave your egos at the door. Just because you got stomped by the Klinks doesn't mean they are overpowered. Just because you got stomped by folks from one of the best fleets doesn't mean they are hax0rz. The reason the majority is crying so much is because they are a lot like my buddy here:

Quote:

Let me see if I follow what you are saying here. You have other more important things to do. You aren't pathetic like the people who enjoy playing the game. Working hard to develop strategies to win is lame and geeky. You should be able to log in whenever you feel like it beat these geeks who invest their time and energy in this game.

I'm not the brightest bulb in my mom's basement but how can someone justify crying for a nerf when they blatantly admit to not being willing to put forth any effort to beat the people who do? In what plain of existence does it make sense that a person playing half assed should be able to play competitively against others who play to win?

All this time you go on and on about balance. It's not that people are better than you, it's that the ships are imbalanced. Now the truth comes out. You are just lazy. Cryptic can't balance a game around someone who can't be bothered to try to play it. There will always someone willing and able to put more time and effort into something they enjoy doing. That's just not you.

No wonder you have such a hard time.