Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Klingon Gameplay (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=166)
-   -   Why does my Engineer BOFF answer questions not in her area of expertise? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=186581)

Archived Post 10-31-2010 08:01 AM

Why does my Engineer BOFF answer questions not in her area of expertise?

I'd better explain my crew structure for Fed and KDF before I start.

These are my ground teams:

Fed
Nern (Breen Tac)
Annika (Borg Engineer)
Oliver (Borg Sci)

KDF
Senn (Breen Tac)
Foreas (Borg Engineer)
Omega (Borg Sci)

With my Fed team, Nern will answer tactical queries, Annika will comment on engineering problems and Oliver will deal with science issues.

But with my KDF team, Foreas answers the science based problems as well as the engineering problems.
Why is she dealing with this instead of Omega?

Is there something wrong with the game engine that is directing Omega's dialogue to Foreas?

Archived Post 10-31-2010 08:11 AM

I've tested this with my BO's on klingon during the Breen series. I pilot a BoP so this is how it works with one of those at least. Personally, I generally keep my Sci in teh commander(or highest rank) slot. but once I changed it to my engineer. Sure enough she (my engineer) talked instead of my science during a science part. So it has to do with your ship's arangement I believe

Archived Post 10-31-2010 08:20 AM

If you're flying a BoP the highest ranking Universal slot answers all the questions. Because the slots are Universal the class distinction is meaningless. The person with the most slots becomes your FO and answers for all the crew.

Archived Post 10-31-2010 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic_One (Post 3126868)
If you're flying a BoP the highest ranking Universal slot answers all the questions. Because the slots are Universal the class distinction is meaningless. The person with the most slots becomes your FO and answers for all the crew.

Yup, this is the case I have seen for my crew as well when I flew a BOP

Archived Post 10-31-2010 05:10 PM

No, this isn't about the space gameplay.

It's about the ground team.

Although now I'm wondering if it's because Foreas occupies the highest rank slot on my Negh'Var cruiser.

But I'm pretty sure that doesn't affect Fed Gameplay, so it may be a quirk or flaw for KDF gameplay.

Because Annika occupies the highest rank slot on my Sovereign cruiser and it doesn't work the same way.

Archived Post 10-31-2010 07:46 PM

THe instance I previously described took place on the ground. The highest rank slot of a klingon bridge officer becomes the talker of missions. The instanced I described was during the preserver puzzle of mission 4

Archived Post 11-01-2010 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Hunter
THe instance I previously described took place on the ground. The highest rank slot of a klingon bridge officer becomes the talker of missions. The instanced I described was during the preserver puzzle of mission 4

Interesting...Is your highest one a sci or engi?...

Archived Post 11-02-2010 01:01 PM

Generally, I have it a sci, but During that puzzle, between parts, I swapped their consoles positions to check it out. (And see how my engineer smile knoing the puzzle)
IT was like this: before and during most of mission: Sci in commander spot
second part of the puzzle: Engineer
After: Sci again

My Sci has been Commander ever since I could promote him, my Eng has stopped at LTC for a while.

Archived Post 11-02-2010 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James_Hunter
Generally, I have it a sci, but During that puzzle, between parts, I swapped their consoles positions to check it out. (And see how my engineer smile knoing the puzzle)
IT was like this: before and during most of mission: Sci in commander spot
second part of the puzzle: Engineer
After: Sci again

My Sci has been Commander ever since I could promote him, my Eng has stopped at LTC for a while.

As Spock would say.....fascinating...

Archived Post 11-02-2010 07:40 PM

I've personally noticed this happens to the last officer I promoted, not necessarily the highest ranked.

In space while flying my Negh'var and now Vor'cha refit, as well as on the ground.