Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Star Trek Online General Discussion (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=128)
-   -   Who from TOS is still alive in STO (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=186785)

Archived Post 11-01-2010 07:08 PM

Who from TOS is still alive in STO

It hit me not long ago that Zefram Cochrane was still alive in First Contact's timeframe. and some research showed at least one soft canon example of this

We have at least an idea of most of the TNG crew's whereabouts. Riker was last seen commanding the Titan alongside Troi. Geordi commands the Challenger and is on his second wife. Data commands the Enterprise. Picard is retired on earth after a lengthy stint as Vulcan ambassador and has a son running a Martian Vineyard. I think Beverly Crusher is possibly commanding the Pasteur. Wesley remains something of a mystery but my unsubstantiated pet theory I'm partial to is that he's still with the Traveler and the time we saw him in Nemesis was the first Undine infiltrator.

There's less generally known about DS9 and Voyager's crews aside from Janeway, The Doctor, Seven, Kira, and Sisko.

But there are potentially some TOS and TOS-era stragglers out there.

One of those is M'Ress. Cryptic might not have access to her via the cartoons or comics but she was in the TNG era novels, which Cryptic seems to have some liberties with.

I think most sources have Admiral McCoy as dead. Kirk is dead in most takes. Spock is in another universe.

However, what sources there are seem to suggest Scotty being alive (and active) even after STO's timeframe

Morgan Bateson (a TNG character from the TOS movie era, played by Kelsey Grammer, who as a fan seems to be quite liberal with allowing his likeness to be used in follow-up appearances) seems likely to be active.

You have Trill, like Dax. (Is she still Ezri?)

It's unclear how old Cardassians live to be or if people like Dukat and Garak were contemporaries of Kirk, although I've noticed most fans seem amenable to Dukat at least being a veteran of the TOS era , at least as a young grunt, given that he looked the same when Kira was born as he did in DS9 and had a lengthy career that included some major demotions.

Just curious who was alive in the TOS era that's around today.

Archived Post 11-01-2010 07:12 PM

Dukat is trapped though in the Fire Caves of Bajor along with the Pagh Wraiths.
But maybe one could have an Episode paying a visit to the Orb of Time? and travel back in time and meet Dukat in the past?

Archived Post 11-01-2010 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexraptor (Post 3129520)
Dukat is trapped though in the Fire Caves of Bajor along with the Pagh Wraiths.
But maybe one could have an Episode paying a visit to the Orb of Time? and travel back in time and meet Dukat in the past?

I wasn't sure exactly whether to count Dukat as "alive"; just saying almost any Cardassians aside from maybe Dumar or Dukat's kids could be TOS vets.

(And if they ever do an expansion, digital or retail, I'd love Dukat to headline it as the big villain. I think he could come back to really mess things up. and nothing would get me to preorder faster than a Marc Alaimo voiced trailer.)

Archived Post 11-01-2010 07:29 PM

Redshirts?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3cL1Aofy90

(Sorry couldn't resist, and any excuse for that video again)

Archived Post 11-01-2010 07:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leviathan99
(And if they ever do an expansion, digital or retail, I'd love Dukat to headline it as the big villain. I think he could come back to really mess things up. and nothing would get me to preorder faster than a Marc Alaimo voiced trailer.)

Seconded and I know of a way to do it that would take in a decent number of the DS9 relaunch series of books.

Anyways, after crunching the numbers, I've figured out that when we last saw McCoy, on film at anyrate, he was 137 years old. 45 years have passed since then which would make him 182 years old if he was still alive. That would make him about as old, in fact three years older, as a certain green blooded Vulcan. And considering that's not a Vulcan he's probably buried in the south somewhere.

Scotty was 72 years old when the Jenolan crashed on the Dyson Sphere and he locked himself in a transporter for 75 years. Which means when he came out he was chronologically a man of 147 years, though physically only a man of 72. 40 years have passed since then and if Scotty is still alive he would be a man of chronologically 187 years of age, but physically only a man of 112 years. Since McCoy was alive and well at 137 years old there's no reason why Scotty couldn't be at 112.

Archived Post 11-01-2010 07:40 PM

Quote:

It hit me not long ago that Zefram Cochrane was still alive in First Contact's timeframe. and some research showed at least one soft canon example of this

Cochrane is very likely dead. His appearance in "First Contact" was in the past (mid 21st century), and the last we saw of him chronologically was in the mid 23rd century. His survival that long was due to mitigating circumstances which disappeared after Kirk, Spock, and McCoy encountered him.

Quote:

We have at least an idea of most of the TNG crew's whereabouts.

Generally. Didn't realize Geordi had been married even once, though.

Quote:

There's less generally known about DS9 and Voyager's crews aside from Janeway, The Doctor, Seven, Kira, and Sisko.

Sisko's basically dead. Kira's apparently the new Kai. Ezri Dax resigned in protest over the lack of action on the Undine front; Worf cut ties to the Federation for the same reasons and is currently the de-facto head of the House of Martok. Quark's apparently left DS9 to pursue franchising; Odo's in the Gamma Quadrant with his people. Jake's gone on to become a reporter for the FNN. Rom's running the Ferengi Alliance; not sure what Nog is up to. O'Brien is running the Starfleet Corps of Engineers; the first non-com to do so. Bashir's fate is a total mystery, as is most of the Voyager crew; though Miral Paris shows up in a couple of missions in-game.

Quote:

But there are potentially some TOS and TOS-era stragglers out there.

One of those is M'Ress. Cryptic might not have access to her via the cartoons or comics but she was in the TNG era novels, which Cryptic seems to have some liberties with.

TAS is sort of a gray area when it comes to Star Trek canon - Roddenberry didn't seem to consider it as such, though apparently Paramount and/or CBS have come to conclude otherwise. They're also not following the "relaunch" novels all that closely. According to the relaunch novels, the Borg, for one, are gone, and Janeway is dead. In STO, the Borg and Janeway are quite alive.

Quote:

I think most sources have Admiral McCoy as dead. Kirk is dead in most takes.

Well, it makes sense, considering he was nearly 140 in "Encounter at Farpoint" (TNG).

Quote:

However, what sources there are seem to suggest Scotty being alive (and active) even after STO's timeframe

I think he's a little less active in this timeframe; alive yes, active, not so much. After all, he is over 140, with the body of a 80-90 year old. Even with 24th century medicine, when 80 years old you reach, move as well, you will not. :p

Quote:

Morgan Bateson (a TNG character from the TOS movie era, played by Kelsey Grammer, who as a fan seems to be quite liberal with allowing his likeness to be used in follow-up appearances) seems likely to be active.

He'd probably be an Admiral at this point, if not retired.

Quote:

It's unclear how old Cardassians live to be or if people like Dukat and Garak were contemporaries of Kirk, although I've noticed most fans seem amenable to Dukat at least being a veteran of the TOS era , at least as a young grunt, given that he looked the same when Kira was born as he did in DS9 and had a lengthy career that included some major demotions.

Dukat is, for all intents and purposes, dead. Garak is very likely living out his retirement from rebuilding the Cardassian Union in a quiet corner of Cardassia. Or perhaps even Enabran Tain's old residence on Awawath.

Quote:

Just curious who was alive in the TOS era that's around today.

Kirk: dead. As I said, they're not following the books series that closely. And you mentioned the fates of McCoy, Spock, and Scott. As for Uhura, Sulu, Chekov, Rand, and Chapel - well, until I hear otherwise, they're all dead too. Which means that, other than Mr. Scott, the TOS cast is essentially dead and buried. Ironic, no?

Archived Post 11-01-2010 07:44 PM

?

I think zefram cockrum ( can't spell his name) was not alive in first contact time line. They were in the past. Also when was McCoy on screen as 137 year old? Maybe in the comic book? Having TOS people alive in this time frame is crazy. I love the too but cmon. Even next gen chars are getting super old.

Archived Post 11-01-2010 07:51 PM

Nog is currently serving as Chief Engineer aboard the USS Enterprise, NCC-1701-E under the command of Captain Data. It's in the path to 2409. And Sisko has been confirmed as alive by the Prophets.

Archived Post 11-01-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaighless
I think zefram cockrum ( can't spell his name)

Ah, if only you had the most powerful information tool in history at your fingertips, so you could check before you wrote it. That would be something.

Quote:

Also when was McCoy on screen as 137 year old? Maybe in the comic book

Encounter at Farpoint, the Next Generation pilot.

Archived Post 11-01-2010 07:56 PM

Quote:

Also when was McCoy on screen as 137 year old? Maybe in the comic book?

Right here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am-5D...eature=related