Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   The Foundry for Star Trek Online - Discussion & Feedback (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204)
-   -   Tokens/trinkets for finishing UGC missions? (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=187124)

Archived Post 11-04-2010 11:25 AM

Tokens/trinkets for finishing UGC missions?

I realize we want to be very careful in assigning XP and loot rewards for completing missions. But I would be just as interested in loot that has only sentimental value. I'm thinking of Picard's ressican flute he got at the end of Inner Light. Maybe I can make a trophy?

EB

Archived Post 11-04-2010 12:00 PM

I'd actually love it if authors could introduce new Accolades that will be collectible across multiple story-arcs. :D

Archived Post 11-08-2010 03:57 AM

This is going to spawn a whole realm of Designers putting new art together. It would be really cool if we can provide rewards ourselves or maybe the Foundry will limit the reward bonses based on type of mission and rank level?

Archived Post 11-08-2010 08:07 AM

I'm not as much interested in creating items that would give players an advantage in game as I am a tangible reminder of the content that they did.

Archived Post 11-08-2010 01:01 PM

If I am not mistaken, somewhere a developer mensioned that in the future
they 'might' add certain rewards to UGC missions based on thier 'developers' evaluations.

That might just be a basic 'Prob not but reserve the right to change our mind' kinda answer.

Archived Post 11-10-2010 10:21 AM

I'd be cool with (if an actual crafting system was available) the designer putting forward to Cryptic an item reward for completing a mission. The mission would obviously have to be approved for content for it to go live for other players so there would be no exploit to jump in, complete the mission through dialogue only, and jump out for a purple MK XI DHC. The author crafting an uncommon or rare item for completing the mission would be a nice touch.

Archived Post 11-10-2010 11:12 AM

well at first it will prob be just exp.
and maybe an acolade for completing X number of different UGC missions

10 - Holodeck Dabbler
50 - Drama critic
100 - Holodeck scholar
250 - Holo addict :p

or other funny stuff

Archived Post 11-10-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SP3CTREnyc
I'd be cool with (if an actual crafting system was available) the designer putting forward to Cryptic an item reward for completing a mission. The mission would obviously have to be approved for content for it to go live for other players so there would be no exploit to jump in, complete the mission through dialogue only, and jump out for a purple MK XI DHC. The author crafting an uncommon or rare item for completing the mission would be a nice touch.

Agreed. But wouldn't be nice if I could give you a custom award based on the content of my quest chain. Something that has no real value in game, of course, but something special for slogging through all of those newbie-created quests I made.

EB

Archived Post 11-12-2010 03:26 AM

Holo-Addiction

Just make sure you don't end up like this guy.