Star Trek Online

Star Trek Online (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/index.php)
-   Feature Episodes, Events and PvE Content (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/forumdisplay.php?f=122)
-   -   Problems with Everything Old is New (http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=187531)

Archived Post 11-07-2010 08:26 AM

Problems with Everything Old is New

I'm trying to do this new Devidian episode "Everything Old is New" but it seems to be bugged.

FIrst, I have my BOs on Passive so they dont agro.

I managed to get to the part where you lock the door and go through a jeffries tube but my BOs did not follow me through, instead they ran across the entire station to get to me and ended up dragging agro with them.

I tried to abort mission, drop the mission and start over, but the mission does not reset, I'm in the same stage as I was before I left. Also, some fuctions such as locking doors, security force pathing etc do not work if you have aborted and started over since the mission does not properly reset.

I'd rather just do this without having ANY BO with me if they are going to be doing this..

Archived Post 11-07-2010 12:00 PM

"FIrst, I have my BOs on Passive so they dont agro"

What I also did was right mouse click on each of their abilities to shut them off (they turn red) to be sure; I have seen that passive mode only still agros when you do not want to. I turn their abilities on again only just before the last fight with the bad guys.

BUG: Did not have the problems with the Jeffreys tubes but I had to do the episode twice cuz first time it did not show as complete even when I did complete it. Possible solution:
- After you complete the episode you get two dialogs, "Return to ship" and "Return to your own time"
- Cancel both until you have no dialogs at all, not even plain text ones.
- Now click on the "Return to your own time" button on the right of your screen.
- "Return to ship" dialog appears (pretty stupid one since you are in the past but your ship is not); press ok
- You should now be back in your own time in front of the door when you started this.
- Beam back to ship (again)
- Leave station space
- Contact Drake and get the reward

Worked for me the second time.

Archived Post 11-07-2010 01:29 PM

I had the same problem as the other 2 people. I had to replay the episode twice due to not episode not completing when i returned to my own time, even though the game gave me the cunning and guile accolade. Also the jefferies tube problem happened to me both times but i was lucky that the enemies didn't agro them while they were running to me.

The jefferies tube problem where the BOs don't spawn with you seems to be an issue as i have had it in other missions as well.

Archived Post 11-08-2010 04:17 PM

I've done the mission on two characters so far and both had the jeffries tube issue.

Archived Post 11-09-2010 10:40 AM

Go through the tube, and immediately move away from it on the other end. Your BOs will materialize behind you.
If you stand there waiting, they will run around...however, if you locked the door they will still not aggro anyone on passive.

Archived Post 11-10-2010 01:50 AM

another option is after locking the door but before going through the tube place rally points back towards the lift, then go through the tube, boom they stay put and you move one with the sneaking part without having to worry about BOs they'll be there waiting after you unlock the lift behind the second security team.

Zekren

Archived Post 11-11-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zakoriz
I tried to abort mission, drop the mission and start over, but the mission does not reset, I'm in the same stage as I was before I left.

You have to let the instance reset before going back in. I forget how long this takes, 15 mins maybe? I had the same problem, so I just logged out and tried again the next day and it was all reset.